The Student Room Group

(Edexcel) B1 17th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by chrlhyms
Are you sure? I think it was asking for a carrier, actually thinking about it, it was 75%-someone needs to make an unofficial mark scheme.

C1 I think limestone as a 6 marker

It was asking for someone who is "not affected"I just confirmed it with some others at school
Reply 61
Original post by BV235
It was asking for someone who is "not affected"I just confirmed it with some others at school

Limestone i.e.....
I need help I am so sorry for bothering you btw just curious how many science exams are u doing?
Are you sure? I think it was asking for a carrier, actually thinking about it, it was 75%-someone needs to make an unofficial mark scheme.

C1 I think limestone as a 6 marker

The genotype of the cross diagram was FF Ff Ff ff
Q: what is the % of being a carrier ?
A: 50%
Reply 63
Original post by Victoria_1609

Crap your right
Yeah oh wells it's only 1mark
Original post by Victoria_1609

oh yeah... i thought i was wrong
Reply 66
does anyone know the answer on how the brain controls temperature of the body
Reply 67
Hypothalamus.
Original post by Charlss
does anyone know the answer on how the brain controls temperature of the body

Think i only got a mark for that. Talked abt the hypothalamus but didnt specifically explain what it does

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
I know right, i asked my teacher in the morning and it really helped 🙏🏼
Original post by BV235
Last minute nitrogen cycle revision paid off
I got 19.5 for the calculation question :frown: but the rest of the paper went well. I'm scared for c1 any major areas that are likely to come up?
What did you guys put for the (evil) question on sickle cell anaemia and malaria? It made no sense to me...
What did people get for the calculation question?
Feeling confident for today? Anyone think they know what the 6 markers could be? I'm guessing nitrogen cycle for one

Haha You were right! The Nitrogen cycle was a six marker! You must have aced that then?
Reply 74
I wrote amino acids
Reply 75
Original post by Zafirah.1
the question about Malaria and sickle cell disease. It wasn't in revision guide or book

you had to talk about the genes being passed on and ****
Reply 76
Anyone got any guesses for the grade boundaries? From the fact that a lot of people found it easy, I'm going high...
What did people get for the chromosome 11 sh**?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BV235
Nope it was 75%

It was 50%, i'm pretty sure, because it asked about the percentage that they will be a carrier of sickle cell disease, which was Ff and Ff.. They said not to include the chances of actually getting the disease, so you're not supposed to include ff.
Reply 79
Original post by Lucky10
What did people get for the calculation question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending