The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE French 17th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Dont panic! Go over vocab make sure u get an early night don't bother pulling an all nighter
Original post by gail15
its tomorrow!!!! any last minute advice?
how did people find it?
I thought it went ok. I liked the reading, the listening good have been better though! Hoping for an A*. What about you??:smile:

Oops this was meant to be a reply to 'ithinkitslily'..
(edited 7 years ago)
that listening was hell. really didn't appreciate the new styles of questions thanks aqa :smile: :smile: :smile:
I thought it was very difficult compared to all the past papers I've done
Could anyone share answers stating the questions? If everyone participates we can create a full mark scheme and we'll know where we are at
Reply 26
The listening was horrible nothing the teachers have ever prepared me for or the past papers.

I feel like I may have just gone from an A* to a C student.
Hoping I can still bag an A because my coursework is of such a high standard

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought the listening was terribly hard- were they even speaking french? I thought I did waay better on the reading so theres that!
Some of the vocab in the listening was wayyyyyyy out there/obscure. I think I did OK, but the skirt-day question, and the stress question really bamboozled me.

Didn't think the reading was very hard though.

Original post by LunaTy
The listening was horrible nothing the teachers have ever prepared me for or the past papers.

I feel like I may have just gone from an A* to a C student.
Hoping I can still bag an A because my coursework is of such a high standard

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here's to low grade boundaries!
Don't stress out ! Pretty much everyone found the listening hard = low af grade boundaries (some past papers were A* 25/40 AND this year there were a load of new formats of questions)

Also lmao at the selfie question
U know it's bad when the questions are about vaping :frown:
Reply 31
i got rekt by aqa
I also found the listening extremely hard but the reading really easy. It would be nice if they levelled them out a bit. What do people think the A* grade will be?I think it will be 31/40 for listening, 37/45 for reading.
Original post by ViscountViktor
I also found the listening extremely hard but the reading really easy. It would be nice if they levelled them out a bit. What do people think the A* grade will be?I think it will be 31/40 for listening, 37/45 for reading.

I actually think listening will be lower like 26 or 27/40 and maybe reading higher like 39/45? as there was only really one tricky text right at the end & the rest was pretty straightforward
There were few multiple choice questions but lots of easy answers. There were several new sections I had never seen before in the listening, including where you had to finish off the sentence. I like the way they tried to keep it up to date and cool by including selfies and E cigarettes. Overall, the reading was incredibly easy and the listening had 2 or 3 more difficult questions in the front and middle of the paper to catch you out and I found these questions more challenging; including the aeroplane question and the coping with stress question and the E cigarettes question. Otherwise, the listening was good. What did you guys think?
Reply 35
What did u guys think of it? I thought it was fuking awful and I fainted in the fuking listening exam and we just had 2 marks left ughhhh
Original post by Tea2345
I actually think listening will be lower like 26 or 27/40 and maybe reading higher like 39/45? as there was only really one tricky text right at the end & the rest was pretty straightforward

The listening will be about 26/40 for A* and the reading will be about 32/45 for A* Look at the grade boundaries on previous French papers which were really easy and had 36/45 for A* in the reading. In the reading and listening today, there were a lot of gaps to fill and few multiple choice questions so if you don't know much French, you are screwed. The grade D boundary will be incredibly low in both papers. What do you think?
That listening paper was just awful!

Also, what's up with the new format style to questions? Never even practised them!

Selfies, boys in skirts, vaping - jesus. Oh, and that orange badge question - the f**k?

Reading made up for the awful listening - much much easier! Loved the reading.
Original post by GCSE DEMOLISHER
The listening will be about 26/40 for A* and the reading will be about 32/45 for A* Look at the grade boundaries on previous French papers which were really easy and had 36/45 for A* in the reading. In the reading and listening today, there were a lot of gaps to fill and few multiple choice questions so if you don't know much French, you are screwed. The grade D boundary will be incredibly low in both papers. What do you think?

For the e cigarette question seeing as you found it hard the advantages was that it wouldnt affect the public when used and it doesnt contain tobacco :smile: as for the disadvantages i dont rly remember but i think i wrote something about it being bad for young people/bad habit as there was the mentioning of jeunes (young ppl) if you could help me by tellin me some answers youg ot wud be cool :smile:
Original post by Dragon5555
For the e cigarette question seeing as you found it hard the advantages was that it wouldnt affect the public when used and it doesnt contain tobacco :smile: as for the disadvantages i dont rly remember but i think i wrote something about it being bad for young people/bad habit as there was the mentioning of jeunes (young ppl) if you could help me by tellin me some answers youg ot wud be cool :smile:

For the disadvantage, I mentioned that it makes more young people get into smoking (who weren't already). What did you get for the orange badge? I blanked out a bit there.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending