The Student Room Group

CIE IGCSE Biology, Physics, Chemistry

Hi, Just wondered who else is taking the Biology Paper 6 on Wednesday (2 days time) and shortly after that, all the other Science Paper 6 papers. Message back if you want to ask a question for others to answer, or if you want to share vital information for others reading the thread, panicking the day before the exam! There is a good thread for the Biology Paper 6 in 2013 but I think it is time to make a more up to date version. I'm looking forward to hearing from you; good luck everyone!:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by GCSE DEMOLISHER
Hi, Just wondered who else is taking the Biology Paper 6 on Wednesday (2 days time) and shortly after that, all the other Science Paper 6 papers. Message back if you want to ask a question for others to answer, or if you want to share vital information for others reading the thread, panicking the day before the exam! There is a good thread for the Biology Paper 6 in 2013 but I think it is time to make a more up to date version. I'm looking forward to hearing from you; good luck everyone!:smile:

Yes im taking physics igcse ..my exam is on 12th may next thursday i need help ..up to date stuff and if anyone knows anything about the exam what can come and if anyone in any other country had taken the exam.
Original post by Saso99
Yes im taking physics igcse ..my exam is on 12th may next thursday i need help ..up to date stuff and if anyone knows anything about the exam what can come and if anyone in any other country had taken the exam.

Pages 16-30 are very useful in this document for physics: http://www.cie.org.uk/images/167041-2016-2018-syllabus.pdf
Reply 3
thank u so much :biggrin:
Original post by Saso99
thank u so much :biggrin:

The same thing is available in Biology and Chemistry. Everything in the updated syllabus is there. Also, the biology course is bigger than the physics and chemistry course combined, so it may be worth looking at that. Good luck for the alternative to practical on Thursday, but this paper doesn't need that much revision, other than doing lots of past papers.
Original post by Saso99

Up to date stuff - for this year, for the first time, they have introduced a plan section instead of one of the physics practicals.

Previous years - 4 practicals, each 10 marks, each 20 mins (I think 20 mins)

This year - 3 practicals, each 11 marks, a plan section for 7 marks, each 20 mins
Original post by Ishan_2000
Up to date stuff - for this year, for the first time, they have introduced a plan section instead of one of the physics practicals.

Previous years - 4 practicals, each 10 marks, each 20 mins (I think 20 mins)

This year - 3 practicals, each 11 marks, a plan section for 7 marks, each 20 mins

But it's out of 40 and you have 1 hour?
But it's out of 40 and you have 1 hour?

Yeah still out of 40 (11 x 3 = 33 + 7, which is 40)

We got told that we had 20 mins per section, in 4 different rooms, so it's actually 1hr 20 mins. But if it's 1 hour, then is it 15mins per section? I doubt it, but I am not 100% sure that it is 20 mins per section.
Anyone got the paper 61s for Physics? Xtremepapers is down, and I only have backups of Chemistry on my FTP server.
Original post by lin-e
Anyone got the paper 61s for Physics? Xtremepapers is down, and I only have backups of Chemistry on my FTP server.

http://www.smarteduhub.com/cie-past-papers

(All IGCSE papers including science 2015)
Does anyone have the GCSE biology ocr gateway 2015 paper cos I need it to revise
http://www.smarteduhub.com/cie-past-papers

(All IGCSE papers including science 2015)

Open this page on the computer, it doesn't work well on the phone.
Also, last minute chemistry checklist.

https://www.4shared.com/web/preview/pdf/-kdHmutIba

(Don't press download, press view file)
Original post by Crystal-clear44
Does anyone have the GCSE biology ocr gateway 2015 paper cos I need it to revise

Ask your teacher
How did everyone find the Biology Paper 41 (Extended) and the Biology Paper 2 (extended)? I thought that the paper 2 was easy, however, I find it hard to describe the paper 4 without using expletives! What did you guys think???
How did everyone find the Biology Paper 41 (Extended) and the Biology Paper 2 (extended)? I thought that the paper 2 was easy, however, I find it hard to describe the paper 4 without using expletives! What did you guys think???

The paper 4 was horrible mate. Half of it wasn't even revisable.
Original post by WatfordFC_1881

Totally agree
Reply 16
Paper 2 Bio was easy I agree, But for paper 4 I am angry at cie for including such weird questions! I revised for the whole syllabus, and only like 40 percent came up. But nevermind
How are you guys preparing for chemistry?
are you at watford boys ??
Original post by WatfordFC_1881

nathan horbury??
Dhillon Dodhia???

Quick Reply

Latest