The Student Room Group

aqa history a level grade advice?

i was just wondering if anyone could give me a definite answer as i am getting different answers from different people. i got a B at History AS (one raw mark off an A) but didn't resit due to the pressure it would put me under just to bump it up one mark. i was wondering if there is anyway that i can get an A* this year or whether that is physically impossible? thank you
Original post by ellawhite4686
i was just wondering if anyone could give me a definite answer as i am getting different answers from different people. i got a B at History AS (one raw mark off an A) but didn't resit due to the pressure it would put me under just to bump it up one mark. i was wondering if there is anyway that i can get an A* this year or whether that is physically impossible? thank you

Yes it is possible, you will simply need to achieve 90% UMS marks in your A2 modules.
Original post by ByronicHero
Yes it is possible, you will simply need to achieve 90% UMS marks in your A2 modules.

No, this isn't true. For an A* in AQA History, you need an A from AS and 90% from A2. So even if you had a B in AS and got over 90% overall, you wouldn't have an A*.
Original post by angeldust1
No, this isn't true. For an A* in AQA History, you need an A from AS and 90% from A2. So even if you had a B in AS and got over 90% overall, you wouldn't have an A*.

Hi,

Please see section 5.7 of the specification:

"To be awarded an A*, candidates will need to
achieve a grade A on the full A Level qualification and
an A* on the aggregate of the A2 units"

Alternatively, see AQA's guidance here:

"1 have enough uniform marks (UMS) in total to gain grade A
2 achieve 90% or more on the uniform marks subtotal of their A2 units"

If you need me to explain this to you any further please feel free to ask.

All the best.
History is reformed, your AS mark has no significance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending