The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Biology May 17th 2016

Scroll to see replies

What did u guys put for the diagram of vagina etc
Reply 81
Hey guys-
Reply 82
Any of you guys got the AQA Religious Studies Exam Paper 1 Religion and Life Issues ???
Tomorrow
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by Year11Struggles
I put conjunctiva, what does the sclera protect the eye from? the conjunctiva makes more sense.

Also is sulfur dioxide not a greenhouse gas? That's what I put:s-smilie:

Sulphur dioxide is a greenhouse gas. I put sulphur oxide by accident lmao. And idk in the book it just said the sclera was the tough outer part of the eye so I put that
Reply 84
Original post by Job738338
What did u guys put for the diagram of vagina etc

I think uterus lining, ovaries,
Vagina wall, and ligaments (these confused me)
Reply 85
Original post by eliwats
definitely conjunctiva the sclera is at the back of the eye

Dude... The sclera is the white part of our eyes..
Original post by gameofno
I think uterus lining, ovaries,
Vagina wall, and ligaments (these confused me)

It was (not in order)
Lining of the uterus
Vagina
Fallopian Tube/Oviduct
Ovaries
Original post by Abodee1
It was my first ever igcse exam so I was so nervous that my hand writing looked so bad coz my hand was shaking, do u think they will cut marks for this?

Same here 0_0, apparently my handwriting is that of a five year old.
I put Cornea for protects the eye. Would that be accepted?
Reply 89
It was (not in order)
Lining of the uterus
Vagina
Fallopian Tube/Oviduct
Ovaries

Well at least I got two marks... *cries*
I got 0.0075 but apparently the answer was 0.75 LOL

I think 0.0075 is fine mostly cause that's what I put, but also because if I remember correctly the units weren't specified so if you put 0.0075 m/s that was fine or 0.75cm/s that would also be fine
Reply 91
Original post by TheShadoWolf
I think 0.0075 is fine mostly cause that's what I put, but also because if I remember correctly the units weren't specified so if you put 0.0075 m/s that was fine or 0.75cm/s that would also be fine

Okay good :3 thanks x
Reply 92
0.75 is correct i asked my biology teacher she said you were supposed to do it to the 2 significant figures because in the question there was 2sf.
Original post by aubameya31
I put that he will transport more oxygen every breath because he uses anaerobic respiration so to avoid the heart having to beat constantly and quickly which may cause the arteries to be blocked, it beats less frequently but with more force to deliver more oxygen every time. Thus, lower heart rate..
Anyone agree?

Thats PARTIALLY correct.
Nothing to do with anaerobic respiration as far as I know

Its all about stroke rates, and how athletic hearts are more muscular, and hence, like you said, pump more oxygen per contraction than a normal person, hence require less pumps (beats)

I put conjunctiva, what does the sclera protect the eye from? the conjunctiva makes more sense.

Also is sulfur dioxide not a greenhouse gas? That's what I put:s-smilie:

Yup thats right! I wrote Sulfur Dioxide. So many to choose from, CFCs, water vapour etc...
I wrote Sclera too. Im 95% sure thats right

Original post by whyohwhyohwhy
I said because of adrenalin due to excitement. Literally have no idea if it's correct

Wrote the same!

Yeah I also got 0.0075 but idk which is the right answer I think it's 0.75 but idk

Did it in standard form... Ouch.. Will that be ok?
It was (not in order)
Lining of the uterus
Vagina
Fallopian Tube/Oviduct
Ovaries

Damn.. For the 4th one I didn't put vagina, I had absolutely no idea because there were 2 similar-looking tubes.
Original post by t2om
0.75 is correct i asked my biology teacher she said you were supposed to do it to the 2 significant figures because in the question there was 2sf.

yes! F**k yes!
I put 0.0075 as it was in cm and the unit is m/s so 90cm is 0.9 m. You don't need acid rain don't worry Sulphur dioxide isn't a greenhouse gas
Original post by tomtimpson
I put Cornea for protects the eye. Would that be accepted?

I think the debate is between conjunctiva and sclera. Cornea just refracts light
Original post by Rrosse
l found the exam easy, what about you guys?

It was ok! I made a couple of silly mistakes though :/ Did you get 16% as an answer by any chance?
Original post by ChocolateCosmos
Wrote the same!

What do you think that two marks were for?
i said Adrenaline is produced by the adrenal glands to prepare for exercise. This increase the heart rate.
Do you think that is two marks?
Also was the anomaly Thomas?

Quick Reply