The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE French 17th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

I don't do French but my AQA Spanish exam is on Friday so you're making me freak out! Really hoping the Spanish is easier I'm sure the grade boundaries will be really low so don't stress about it now; the hard part is over :smile:
For the E-Cig question:
Water vapour, not smoke.
Ergo, can be used in public due to no second hand smoking.

Children may use (addiction etc.)
Dangerous after prolonged use.
Original post by GCSE DEMOLISHER
For the disadvantage, I mentioned that it makes more young people get into smoking (who weren't already). What did you get for the orange badge? I blanked out a bit there.

I was lost at that point too and i wrote something about special privelleges
Original post by Dragon5555
I was lost at that point too and i wrote something about special privelleges

I think it was something about how it was more convenient, because you don't have to remember money for toll roads, so you won't forget and it'll save time.
Original post by HouseOfRichman
I don't do French but my AQA Spanish exam is on Friday so you're making me freak out! Really hoping the Spanish is easier I'm sure the grade boundaries will be really low so don't stress about it now; the hard part is over :smile:

I'm doing French and Spanish. The only real different questions were on the listening, where one question had 6 options and you had to choose the correct advantage and disadvantage of being a pilot. Also, there was another new question where the start of the sentence was written on the sheet and the voice said the whole sentence and you had to complete it. It was quite tricky as you had to understand every word to get it right. Otherwise, the paper is what we are normally used to. Don't panic, the reading was one of the easiest papers I have ever done!
I'm doing French and Spanish. The only real different questions were on the listening, where one question had 6 options and you had to choose the correct advantage and disadvantage of being a pilot. Also, there was another new question where the start of the sentence was written on the sheet and the voice said the whole sentence and you had to complete it. It was quite tricky as you had to understand every word to get it right. Otherwise, the paper is what we are normally used to. Don't panic, the reading was one of the easiest papers I have ever done!

That's great! Thanks so much, it makes me feel a lot better! I have a spanish thread for Friday if you want to check it out? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4090689&p=64870925#post64870925
The listening will be about 26/40 for A* and the reading will be about 32/45 for A* Look at the grade boundaries on previous French papers which were really easy and had 36/45 for A* in the reading. In the reading and listening today, there were a lot of gaps to fill and few multiple choice questions so if you don't know much French, you are screwed. The grade D boundary will be incredibly low in both papers. What do you think?

ALOT of people found it easy. That is highly unlikely. Contrast to the Biology which is fuming on twitter, petitions signing, news paper articles, this has no attention whatsoever/
I generally feel bad about this exam...:frown: does anyone know the ums required for an A in french? My coursework is 322/360 and so A* in both speaking and As in both writing so what would I need in the exams? ANY help would be cool :smile:
Original post by Dragon5555
I generally feel bad about this exam...:frown: does anyone know the ums required for an A in french? My coursework is 322/360 and so A* in both speaking and As in both writing so what would I need in the exams? ANY help would be cool :smile:

Hey I know that an A* is 270/300 UMS for everything combined and think that an A is 240/300 UMS...

So.... if you got A* and A in coursework then you could probs get away with a B in the listening (I assume you found that the hardest lol) as long as you got an A in the reading.

But seriously don't stress out and move onto the next exam - try not to dwell on what has happened and focus on what you can change (and plus you probs havent done as badly as you think so be optimistic !!)
I have A* across all my coursework. Today I think they have made the exams harder, especially listening. There were a lot more fill in the gaps questions and many ambiguous answers where there could've been more than one answer... I am doing Spanish also and predicted A* in both but after today I think I did horrendously...
Original post by HouseOfRichman
That's great! Thanks so much, it makes me feel a lot better! I have a spanish thread for Friday if you want to check it out? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4090689&p=64870925#post64870925

Cool, i'll join it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending