The Student Room Group

So how do you guys do it the igsce biology paper 1

I thought it was okay
Reply 1
Original post by waleed29
I thought it was okay

It was fine but there were some hard questions. I couldn't label the relay neurone etc
Reply 2
Yh i ****ed up on the survival of the eggs and the natural selection although i think i got the natural selection right but what did you put for the natural selection question?

Original post by gameofno
It was fine but there were some hard questions. I couldn't label the relay neurone etc
Reply 3
I messed up the graph 0_0
Reply 4
Did anyone have a breakdown in your school? One girl in my exam ripped up her paper
Reply 5
Did anyone have a breakdown in your school? One girl in my exam ripped up her paper

Wtf? So what happened after that, did she leave or did sh eget another copy?
Reply 6
I didn't revise greenhouse gases properly and the pressure got to me a bit, thought about it afterwards and I made some dumb mistakes.
Reply 7
She had to leave and their was a 20 minute delay as she was causing noise and drama . The paper was A lttile wierd aswell and i doubt i did good in the 6 mark questions
Reply 8
What did you guys write for the egg question?
I wrote:
-take 10 groups of eggs with each group containing five
-place each group of eggs at different temperatures, the first one at 0 degrees celcius and the last one at 50 degrees celcius.
-Control the temperature with a thermostat.
-Keep conditions sterile.
-After 3 days check the eggs which have survived in each group.
- repeat this experiment three more times and get the average for each group of eggs.
How many marks do you think i will get for this anwser :s-smilie:
Reply 9
I wrote that the white snails have a selective advantage so there is a selection pressure for them to breed with the white snails so the best alleles are passed on and eventually all the snails will be white :/ wbu
Reply 10

LOL what the hell. I cried when I got home but did the exam pretty well
Original post by gameofno
I wrote that the white snails have a selective advantage so there is a selection pressure for them to breed with the white snails so the best alleles are passed on and eventually all the snails will be white :/ wbu

.-. I talked about the white ones being camouflaged, therefore the black ones were hunted by predators and the white ones survived, they mated with other white snails. And over several generations most of the snails became white.
Reply 12
Original post by chumzy99
.-. I talked about the white ones being camouflaged, therefore the black ones were hunted by predators and the white ones survived, they mated with other white snails. And over several generations most of the snails became white.

Yeah I think that's fine. Usually in the past papers they ask for a selective advantage to be seen so that's good
there were quite a few questions about describing graphs which some people find are easy marks but i hate those sort of questions cos i never know if I'm doing them right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending