Which parts did you find difficult?
Reply 2
that is what I did. I gave up
Reply 3
Original post by Neal.Caffery
Which parts did you find difficult?

EVERYTHING except the 6 marker but pretty sure 6/60 is a U. :frown:
Reply 4
This was only your first science exam, If you smash your other science exams then, your grade will go up. Besides the grade boundaries should be low this year because everyone thought that this exam was hard.
Reply 5
Did you complete all of the questions?
Reply 6
tad exaggerated. You still have 2 exams left to do better
Reply 7
Original post by k.m.b
Did you complete all of the questions?

no i missed half the paper
Reply 8
Original post by a.jacob
This was only your first science exam, If you smash your other science exams then, your grade will go up. Besides the grade boundaries should be low this year because everyone thought that this exam was hard.

i gave up so not sure...
Reply 9
Original post by ...imrah
tad exaggerated. You still have 2 exams left to do better

yeah .
B1 = U
B2 =
B3 =
Original post by _Xenon_
well yeah I failed. ask me anything and yes I am angry and sad... :smile:

listen,

ok, the paper was hard, in fact the paper was stupid (as ive been told) but think about it, you still have bio modules 4,5,6 right? and you also have that 25% coursework? (right?) you still have time to gain more marks and get a higher grade

dont dwell on the exam you've just taken, think about how you could improve! the more you worry about the exam, the more "angry" and "sad" you'll feel..

and that could affect other exams you might be having..

dont let this one exam mess up others, ok?

cheer up yeah?
and revise, think about what you can do to improve :smile:

oh and make sure u relax ok? go out for a bit, take some time out to think :smile:

edit: i signed a petition for the grade boundaries to be lowered, so i hope something is done about it

here the link to the petition:

https://www.change.org/p/aqa-lower-t...edium=copyLink
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by mariam687
listen,

ok, the paper was hard, in fact the paper was stupid (as ive been told) but think about it, you still have bio modules 4,5,6 right? and you also have that 25% coursework? (right?) you still have time to gain more marks and get a higher grade

dont dwell on the exam you've just taken, think about how you could improve! the more you worry about the exam, the more "angry" and "sad" you'll feel..

and that could affect other exams you might be having..

dont let this one exam mess up others, ok?

cheer up yeah?
and revise, think about what you can do to improve :smile:

oh and make sure u relax ok? go out for a bit, take some time out to think :smile:

Thanks! :smile:
What should I revise for chemistry though??
Reply 12
Original post by _Xenon_
well yeah I failed. ask me anything and yes I am angry and sad... :smile:

:frown:
Original post by _Xenon_
Thanks! :smile:
What should I revise for chemistry though??

chemistry 1,2,3?

revise on what you really find difficult, dont revise over everything again, you're just wasting time then

here's a website i recommend:http://www.gcsescience.com/gcse-chemistry-revision.htm

these topics, i actually find diffcult and most exams include these topics (on the website above)

and also, do PASTPAPERS i cant stress how important this is, it'll help you get used to the exam and what could happen, and you never know, one of the questions in the past papers may come up or may be similar
Original post by _Xenon_
that is what I did. I gave up

Well, if you think about it, if everyone found it difficult, chances are the grade boundaries would be lower anyway, and from what I heard, everyone did say it was difficult, so don't beat yourself up for it. There's always thing you can make up for it, so if you think about it you have unit 2 and 3 to help boost your marks, as well as your ISA, so don't worry about it. I remember I walked out of the exam, and everyone was talking about the exam and the answers. Sadly I overheard them, and none of my answers matched, and I got super depressed about it. I told my mum about it and she said that as long as you tried your best and show it through, you'll be awarded some marks. So I immediately started upping my game up, and on results day, i was super scared I failed biology, but I got an A, and I was super happy, so don't bet yourself up, you always have an chance you change it!
Reply 15
Original post by Imjustaloner
Well, if you think about it, if everyone found it difficult, chances are the grade boundaries would be lower anyway, and from what I heard, everyone did say it was difficult, so don't beat yourself up for it. There's always thing you can make up for it, so if you think about it you have unit 2 and 3 to help boost your marks, as well as your ISA, so don't worry about it. I remember I walked out of the exam, and everyone was talking about the exam and the answers. Sadly I overheard them, and none of my answers matched, and I got super depressed about it. I told my mum about it and she said that as long as you tried your best and show it through, you'll be awarded some marks. So I immediately started upping my game up, and on results day, i was super scared I failed biology, but I got an A, and I was super happy, so don't bet yourself up, you always have an chance you change it!

i missed half the paper though :frown:
Reply 16
Original post by _Xenon_
no i missed half the paper

I answered all questions but I wrote a load of crap and guessed everything I wouldn't even count that as a bioogy exam
Reply 17
Then why did you put a smiley:colonhash:
I saw your revision thread... Considering how much work you did according to that, I'm sure you'll be fine. I had my AS biology exam last year and came out in tears because I thought I had messed it up, checked the unofficial mark scheme on tsr and only counted 25/60 marks, but I actuallygot an A in that exam:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest