The Student Room Group

Paper Predictions For AQA GCSE Chemistry Unit 1 - Thursday 19th May 2016

Well - That was a lovely Biology exam wasn't it? NOT!
Hi guys, I just wanted to know your predictions for the Chem exam on Thursday, given the outcomes of today's B1 exam, I'm sure we can all predict for the first off that it won't be as easy as we expect.

I'm sat here at my table; books, laptop, drinks... everything is out. I don't think I was quite as good as I expected in the Biology paper so I'm ready to tackle this Chemistry paper with an A or a B. So - I need to know what to revise. I'm not too great at revision and need some tips on what you guys think will come up in the exam.

Thanks!
I think biology today was a great example of why you shouldn't predict topics
Original post by ScienceFantatic

Erm... no, why you shouldn't revise.

Personally, I really do think it has something to do with the fact we're the last ever year to sit this type of GCSE for all subjects, let alone just the specification. What do you think?
[QUOTE="TurquoiseSkai;64884043"]Personally, I really do think it has something to do with the fact we're the last ever year to sit this type of GCSE for all subjects, let alone just the specification. What do you think?[/QUOTE

We're not. Next year do this specification. It's only in English and Maths that it changes.
[QUOTE="ScienceFantatic;64884359"]
Original post by TurquoiseSkai
Personally, I really do think it has something to do with the fact we're the last ever year to sit this type of GCSE for all subjects, let alone just the specification. What do you think?[/QUOTE

We're not. Next year do this specification. It's only in English and Maths that it changes.

No unfortunately not, science is changing also :frown:
[QUOTE="student489;64884499"]

In 2018
image.jpg
[QUOTE="student489;64884499"]

Yeah, I think Science is also changing. I'm close with a small group of Year 10's due to my involvement in Performing Arts and we talk about science quite a bit. For the most part they learn similar stuff but some topics aren't what we would get in an exam.

Their problem I suppose though.

Anyway, I know predictions at this point are probably going to be as correct as the "5000/1" guess at Leicester winning the league :wink: But what do you think will appear Thursday?

-Limestone Cycle
-Electronic Structure
-Balancing Equations
-Ethical and social questions on recycling or quarrying

These are my guesses but like ScienceFanatic was suggesting, there probably will be a small amount, if not, no correct predictions at this point.
[QUOTE="ScienceFantatic;64884735"]
Original post by student489

In 2018
image.jpg

Ah okay, my brother sits in 2019 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest