The Student Room Group

How much compensation should I claim?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I don't think you'll get anywhere, but good luck.
50p should be enough
Woah, you are generous! I was thinking 1p just to make her be quiet. :h:
Reply 23
Original post by Alexion
50p should be enough

I'm glad to know you find it acceptable for a lady to be left alone for an hour and a half (with no updates). It was horrible enough to break down, but they added insult to injury.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by floury
I'm glad to know you find it acceptable for a lady to be left alone for an hour and a half (with no updates). It was horrible enough to break down, but they added insult to injury.

Explain why it should be different if you were a man
Reply 25
Okay if this isn't a troll, I am with the RAC and when they say they will be with you in X amount of time, that is an ESTIMATE.

There could have been traffic that caused their delay, they may have been at another job which took longer than expected.

Top and bottom of it is you have absolutely no basis to claim compensation. You paid for a recovery service which you received. That fact that they were a mere half an hour later than expected means nothing.

Next time, put more petrol in.
Original post by floury

Posted from TSR Mobile

But you only broke down because YOU didn't put enough petrol in the car. The RAC should take no blame it's all down to YOU.
Hahaha, they never guarantee any time... Stop complaining and be thankful they came and rescued you!

The only thing I'm going to complain to the RAC about is that because they weren't so quick we now see this thread...!!!! :facepalm:
Original post by floury

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mistake 1: you're no Lady. Ladies do not live under bridges and jump out to scare Goats.

Mistake 2: No-one is falling for or sympathetic to your made up story.
Reply 29
I phoned them today and it's been recorded as an official complaint to be put under investigation (I've also complained about the mechanic because I didn't feel he was suitably apologetic after the delay and no phone call). I'll let you know the outcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by floury
I phoned them today and it's been recorded as an official complaint to be put under investigation (I've also complained about the mechanic because I didn't feel he was suitably apologetic after the delay and no phone call). I'll let you know the outcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mate no one cares, this whole thread is ridiculous. That complaint will fall into a big pile of complaints and they'll tell you they've "dealt with the relevant people" 😂
Original post by floury
But I was a lady alone at the time and it was quite worrying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you that woman who complained to a holiday company "There were fish in the sea. The children were startled!"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/galleries/20-ridiculous-complaints-made-by-holidaymakers/
Reply 32
Original post by ByEeek
Are you that woman who complained to a holiday company "There were fish in the sea. The children were startled!"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/galleries/20-ridiculous-complaints-made-by-holidaymakers/

She sounds like the kind of person to complain that there's too many foreigners on holiday in Spain
Reply 33
They've got back to me today and said they won't be compensating me and so I'm taking them to the Financial Ombudsman Service as this is a breach of contract.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by floury
They've got back to me today and said they won't be compensating me and so I'm taking them to the Financial Ombudsman Service as this is a breach of contract.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Grounds?
Original post by floury
Yesterday I broke down in my car, but despite telling me they'd arrive within an hour, it was more like an hour and a half before the RAC arrived. I'm seeking compensation for the inconvenience, but how much should I make them pay me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's easy, ask them to give you back 30 mins of your life
Original post by floury

No it's not. Why do you think it is? This is either a rubbish troll or you're delusional. Plus an idiot for letting your car run out of petrol. People are laughing at you right now. Not in a good way.
Original post by floury
I phoned them today and it's been recorded as an official complaint to be put under investigation (I've also complained about the mechanic because I didn't feel he was suitably apologetic after the delay and no phone call). I'll let you know the outcome
I think YOU should be charged for wasting their time coming out to you.
It was a breakdown of your brain cells not the vehicle; it is idiotic and 100% avoidable to run out of petrol.
Just think, while you were waiting for a hour and a half, somebody else may have been in genuine trouble with a serious breakdown.
You could have walked to a petrol station or flagged down a fellow motorist for help.
But no, your self-pity and sense of self-righteousness wouldn't let you do that.
Now you expect all fellow members of the RAC to join together and compensate you. Parasite!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 38
Troll!
Pretty sure anyone with half a brain could have walked to the garage to get petrol in that time. Just letting you know for future so you could act like a normal human when it happens again.

Don't the RAC exclude cover for running out of fuel and make you pay for the rescue?
Original post by floury

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's isn't a matter for the Ombudsman as they've fulfilled their contractual obligations by recovering your vehicle.

You'll just be wasting another organisation's time by doing this.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending