The Student Room Group

Biology edexcel unofficial mark scheme B1

please input all the answers that you remember
Reply 1
Original post by jihadi_john

well for the final question you just talk about survival of the fittest, advantageous genes, other species die out etc
For the brain and the thermoregulation it was hypothalamus and mention negative feedback

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JessicaLDN
For the brain and the thermoregulation it was hypothalamus and mention negative feedback

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about CNS? Impulses to receptors depending on the stimulus (in this case heat) from the nerve endings

Plants growth per week question was 6.5 mm
First page on control mechanisms included cooling down by vasoconstriction which reduces blood flow to skin so less heat is radiated
What did you guys get for the malaria and sickle cell disease question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6

I find your username deeply offensive.
Original post by Lemuelc14
What did you guys get for the malaria and sickle cell disease question

Posted from TSR Mobile

The answer to this was no-where in the books. I had done basically every single B1 question as preparation, and I recalled in one of the questions it mentioned briefly that sickle-cell carriers have more resistance to malaria than normal people.

Only me and an African boy who already had malaria got the answer to this in my year :P.
Reply 8
Original post by Abs9
well for the final question you just talk about survival of the fittest, advantageous genes, other species die out etc

I had a question on mitosis and meiosis for the last one... Did you guys do another paper?
Original post by M14B
I find your username deeply offensive.

This offends me as a vegan transgender atheist who vapes and crossfits 4 times a week and im also a male feminist as I identify myself as a pastafarian apache helicopter dog mega multi combo god of hyper death and if you dont agree with me You're an ignorant arrogant globaphobic sexist lesbian.
Glycogen and how it affects someone's diet

Quick Reply

Latest