The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology (B1) Exam 17th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Not sure cos i think it was all about resistance, natural selection, passing down characteristics, etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vik_k1
For the role of the brain in thermoregulation, I wrote about hypothalamus and negative feedback. Is that what you put? For the one about auxins killing weeds, I wrote it inhibits the growth of the weeds and about gravitropism because I didn't know what to write!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I said the same for the role of the brain!
The whole paper was a dream, overall really happy with everything! :smile:
Original post by viperimz
Found it quite easy. The 6 markers were a blessing lol. I got 6.5mm for the calculation one?

I got 4.75mm for that:3
Reply 44
hi all what did u think about todays exam biology?
Reply 45
i wrote 21 for the calculator one as i did not know what to write
Reply 46
for auxins i wrote it kills weed and decomposes and the brain i wrote about the hypothalamus
Original post by mhdazam
for auxins i wrote it kills weed and decomposes and the brain i wrote about the hypothalamus

For Auxins, I wrote that the Auxins target weeds, as weeds are broad-leaved and hence absorb more auxins due to their larger surface area. So, the stem of the plant grows faster than the root of the plant, and as the root is unable to absorb enough nutrients and water for the plant to survive, the weed/plant dies. BUT IT WAS TWO MARKS!
Original post by TheMasterofLife
For Auxins, I wrote that the Auxins target weeds, as weeds are broad-leaved and hence absorb more auxins due to their larger surface area. So, the stem of the plant grows faster than the root of the plant, and as the root is unable to absorb enough nutrients and water for the plant to survive, the weed/plant dies. BUT IT WAS TWO MARKS!

I said that they overgrow the narrow leaves and die
The Malaria question was such a bummer - BUT, I think I got it right at the last minute, had only three minutes left and then I just wrote what I though was right onto an extra sheet!
Original post by Taran001
I said that they overgrow the narrow leaves and die

Overgrow broad leaves is the correct answer. Sorry :frown:
I made so many silly mistakes :frown:
How did you guys find the B1 exam? It was...I'm not sure, haha, it wasn't all too bad but that malaria/ sickle cell disease question messed me up big-time. I really wanted eutrophication and stimuli to come up, what a load of wasted revision!
Original post by TheMasterofLife
The Malaria question was such a bummer - BUT, I think I got it right at the last minute, had only three minutes left and then I just wrote what I though was right onto an extra sheet!

What did you put down?
Original post by TSlayerr
Overgrow broad leaves is the correct answer. Sorry :frown:

It is!!!!
Yessssss!!!
Reply 55
i did not get the malaria q's so i just wrote people with sickle cell are more likely in countries with malaria u think i would get a mark?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending