The Student Room Group

WTF? Why are some girls like this?

I'm quite annoyed at the moment. I don't know why this girl acted this way. So one evening we were walking in the same direction, I walked past her but she smelt good, so I just complemented her about it.

Then we started talking for about 10 minutes until she reached her home and she went. A few months later, when it was Christmas, I gave her a Christmas card, as I did with a lot of my neighbours, people I knew.

But now she thinks I fancy her or something and she's telling everyone that I flirt with her and that. I don't get why some people mistake kindness for flirting.

What should I do? I get annoyed when people tease me with saying I like her and this and that when I don't even think about her.

How do I deal with this situation?
Well yes, many girls can't spot the difference between kindness and flirting but that's also because many boys are acting very weird when they try to get a girl, so maybe that's a possibility. People are not honest enough because they're afraid of regection. Personally I see this as a selfish kind of people.
What you should do is talking straight to her. Be serious and don't let her shirk, tell her directly what you know about what she did and assure her that you are only her friend and her actions are childish and she has to ask you before spreading such informations all over
Reply 2
Original post by Justtryingtolive
I'm quite annoyed at the moment. I don't know why this girl acted this way. So one evening we were walking in the same direction, I walked past her but she smelt good, so I just complemented her about it.

Then we started talking for about 10 minutes until she reached her home and she went. A few months later, when it was Christmas, I gave her a Christmas card, as I did with a lot of my neighbours, people I knew.

But now she thinks I fancy her or something and she's telling everyone that I flirt with her and that. I don't get why some people mistake kindness for flirting.

What should I do? I get annoyed when people tease me with saying I like her and this and that when I don't even think about her.

How do I deal with this situation?

People misinterpret signs all the time, its easy to do. If its bothering you that people think you like her, you should speak to her and tell her its nothing more than friends. People will forget about it soon anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending