The Student Room Group

Feel awful after a terrible exam

It's just an awful feeling. Failed to calculate a simple formula whih I only realised after and which lost me all the following calculations after (30 marks worth). I've gone from a promising exam situation to one where I'm terrified of failing because the rest of the exam wasn't perfect either. Utterly devastated. I know there's worse going on in the world. It's just so hard to fel content at all to the point where I feel like I need to call the samaritans to talk or else I'll go crazy with anger and regret, especially as I knew how to do this question perfectly well but ****** it up. How can I pick up?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
It's just an awful feeling. Failed to calculate a simple formula whih I only realised after and which lost me all the following calculations after (30 marks worth). I've gone from a promising exam situation to one where I'm terrified of failing because the rest of the exam wasn't perfect either. Utterly devastated. I know there's worse going on in the world. It's just so hard to fel content at all to the point where I feel like I need to call the samaritans to talk or else I'll go crazy with anger and regret, especially as I knew how to do this question perfectly well but ****** it up. How can I pick up?

As bad as it might be and I have had similar moments in exams, just try your best to put it behind you and move on. Until August, don't worry as it's not the end of the world. We all make mistakes, as long as we learn from them that's the main thing.
Did you by any chance do management accounting...
Tbh you dont have time to feel bad. its done and you cnat do anything about it. Whats more importnat are the exams ahead, which you can do something about.

In terms of the exam answer, then examiners are experienced and you get most of the marks for working out. they will see your mistake and as long as you followed through with the correct workings then you can still get a good mark.

Talk to the dog, cat, goldfish.
Go outside and scream.
Blub your eyes aout for 5 minutes as hard as you can, then pick yourself up watch some tv, have food and get back to revising.
Hey

I know exactly how you feel. I'm in the exact same situation. I feel like I totally ****ed up my exams today as well. It's one of the most **** feeling in the world especially when you know people are expecting a lot from you and university applications/offers are riding on it.
In my case, it's because of my mental health (I have a very short attention span and horrible short/long term memory as a result) so I pretty much forgot everything and had to wing it.

It's a really **** feeling yeah :/
So I can really empathize with you and reading this has actually made me feel a bit better because it means I'm not alone.
So neither are you :smile:

The best thing I think is just to move on and accept that it's over and you did the best you could and try to work harder for the rest of your exams.

Just remember you're not alone :smile:
If you want to talk more feel free to PM me
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Did you by any chance do management accounting...

No. Science subject.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending