The Student Room Group

Travel costs

I will be commuting to uni and it will be around £12 a day. I haven't filled out my student finance application but I wanted to know if there is a way I can get extra money because I will be traveling.
Thank you.
Original post by Cr8tive
I will be commuting to uni and it will be around £12 a day. I haven't filled out my student finance application but I wanted to know if there is a way I can get extra money because I will be traveling.
Thank you.

Unless you have a disability then no.
Original post by Cr8tive
Thank you.

Can't you get a season ticket?
(edited 7 years ago)
It's what your maintenance loan is for.

Some companies (check with the uni) may offer student discounts.
Reply 4
Original post by agentawesome
Can't you get a season ticket?

The season ticket will be more expensive than buying it everyday.
It's your choice to commute though ? You're saving money by staying at home so they expect you use that for the train..
Reply 6
Original post by Cr8tive
Thank you.

The Maintenance Loan is intended to help with this type of expense. The calculation of your entitlement takes no account of your outgoings. The majority of students have this type of expense, be it commuting costs or rent for student accommodation and there is no extra funding available for those.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending