The Student Room Group

[New Spec] AQA Tsarist Russia 1855-1917

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone else think they will include at least one question on the revolution of 1905, or the two revolutions in 1917? Surely they must as these are a key part of the course. I hope they do anyway!
Original post by Oddwatermelon
Does anyone else think they will include at least one question on the revolution of 1905, or the two revolutions in 1917? Surely they must as these are a key part of the course. I hope they do anyway!

I'm assuming there will be a question on the 1905 revolution, I don't know why, but I just do.
Original post by ImGoingToFail12
What exactly do you mean by society? Changes in the whole period from 1855-1917?

changes to the social structure of russia - so like how the peasants change with economic/political change, the development of the urban working class and middle class, and the change/continuity of the nobility
they could either ask you about the whole period but if they do that i think it's more likely they'll ask you about one specific social group e.g. the peasants. I think it's more likely you'll get asked about the changes from 1855-1894 or 1894-1914 across all the social groups.
Again, this is just a total guess! :tongue:
Original post by electrahearts
changes to the social structure of russia - so like how the peasants change with economic/political change, the development of the urban working class and middle class, and the change/continuity of the nobility
they could either ask you about the whole period but if they do that i think it's more likely they'll ask you about one specific social group e.g. the peasants. I think it's more likely you'll get asked about the changes from 1855-1894 or 1894-1914 across all the social groups.
Again, this is just a total guess! :tongue:
I hope that it isn't that, I wouldn't have a clue what to write. Hopefully the 1905 revolution or Alexander II's reforms come up, those are my two preferred topics.
Original post by Oddwatermelon

Good point! On both spec papers, there is an essay on one of the 1917 revolutions - so yes, I think it is a very good idea to revise them & the causes
I hope that it isn't that, I wouldn't have a clue what to write. Hopefully the 1905 revolution or Alexander II's reforms come up, those are my two preferred topics.

me too! maybe if we both hope together those questions will magically appear on the paper :biggrin:
Good point! On both spec papers, there is an essay on one of the 1917 revolutions - so yes, I think it is a very good idea to revise them & the causes
So if there is an essay on one of the 1917 revolutions in the specification do you think that it increases the chances of the 1905 revolution or the 1917?
So if there is an essay on one of the 1917 revolutions in the specification do you think that it increases the chances of the 1905 revolution or the 1917?

not definitely; but I think it does show that the exam board likes to ask about it. plus it means that you have to know your stuff, because you need to use long-term and short-term factors.
don't hunt me down if it's not on there though haha
not definitely; but I think it does show that the exam board likes to ask about it. plus it means that you have to know your stuff, because you need to use long-term and short-term factors.

Yeah I know, it's all predictions, I have no idea what will come up and will just end up winging in the end to be honest :smile:
NEED HELP!

im resetting the russia exam that i took last year under the older spec (where you did two 12 markers and two 24 markers)

will i be resitting that exam or the resitting under the new spec?????
Original post by Freyaneedham
Ahh yeah that's pretty good for a mock! I'm sure we'll all be fine! Let's just pray for Alexander's reforms 🙏🏼

my mocks were 43/50

would this get an A?
Original post by JamesRobinson97
NEED HELP!

im resetting the russia exam that i took last year under the older spec (where you did two 12 markers and two 24 markers)

will i be resitting that exam or the resitting under the new spec?????

old spec
Original post by The gains kinggg
my mocks were 43/50

would this get an A?

yap

41 and above is an A as far as I'm aware
Reply 33

What are the long term and short term factors because im revising from the textbook and theyre no in there
Original post by issydw4
What are the long term and short term factors because im revising from the textbook and theyre no in there

Long term factors are usually like the Tsar's failure to satisfy the peasants/urban working class, and others for the Feb revolution might be the food shortages for the war etc. If you get a question on the revolution you can pretty much use your knowledge from any time before and fit it around the question :smile:
Reply 35
Long term factors are usually like the Tsar's failure to satisfy the peasants/urban working class, and others for the Feb revolution might be the food shortages for the war etc. If you get a question on the revolution you can pretty much use your knowledge from any time before and fit it around the question :smile:

Ahhh causes, i undertsand now, thanks ! :smile: I have left revision so late omg
did anyone else feel the way the questions were worded was confusing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending