The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Biology 2016

How did you guys find the exam?? Lemme know what you wrote for some of the questions!!
It was literally nothing like any of the past papers ! It was just ethical questions and things like that ?
Yeh I found it quite ethics based, I assume we are talking about the 21st century one today. I thought I did alright the 6 markers were okay but the question about the two views of them two scientists on the teeth of the old species like humans was so hardd I didn't know what to put
Reply 3
Yeah I didn't get them at all what did you say
I think it went okay, but the questions were all quite strange.

Does anyone know what the answer was to the one about why the scientists thought different things about the Neanderthal teeth? And in what form were you supposed to write the probability? (0.87 or 87/100)
Reply 5
Original post by byrnm051.308
It was literally nothing like any of the past papers ! It was just ethical questions and things like that ?

I agree! I didnt like it at all tbh
Reply 6
Original post by MattDobbie
Yeh I found it quite ethics based, I assume we are talking about the 21st century one today. I thought I did alright the 6 markers were okay but the question about the two views of them two scientists on the teeth of the old species like humans was so hardd I didn't know what to put

It was very ethic based, I mean what were suppose to write for the identical twin, 6 marker??
Reply 7
Original post by RosieBee37
I think it went okay, but the questions were all quite strange.

Does anyone know what the answer was to the one about why the scientists thought different things about the Neanderthal teeth? And in what form were you supposed to write the probability? (0.87 or 87/100)

Have no idea about the neanderthal one.
But for the probability I wrote 0.87 because the question after asked about the probability being 1, so only made sense to write as a decimal??
Reply 8
Original post by Joseph50
Yeah I didn't get them at all what did you say

What question?
Did most of you get the ADH question right?
the questions were quite simple apart identical twins, but i think the grade boundaries will be pushed up as everyone so far found it easy,and the ADH was the kidneys but we have Chemistry tommorrow. So good Luck everyone
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest