The Student Room Group
Original post by Anonymous1502
Which book is better to read?Any opinions on one or the other would be appreciated.

I've read the art of war, quite good, very short :smile:
I've never read either of them but after googling what God is Dead was all about, you're trying to compare two incredibly different things.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I've never read either of them but after googling what God is Dead was all about, you're trying to compare two incredibly different things.

If you cannot compare them then you could just say which one f the two sounds better to read.
Original post by Anonymous1502
If you cannot compare them then you could just say which one f the two sounds better to read.

Art of War is the more famous one so it's the one I'd probably go for.
Reply 5

u wot m8?

"God is dead" is a quote by Friedrich Nietszche, not a book.

OP if it's a choice between "The Art of War" or "Thus Spake Zarathustra (TSZ)" (Nietzsche's masterpiece), definitely read TSZ.

TSZ is mostly written in parables / metaphors, but its fairly easy to understand, and its good actually because to an extent it leaves it open to your own interpretation. It's a book that will definitely change your worldview and give you a sense of purpose.

Art of War is good, but a lot of the lessons dont really apply to everyday life tbh.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nidhoggr
u wot m8?

"God is dead" is a quote by Friedrich Nietszche.

OP if it's a choice between "The Art of War" or "Thus Spake Zarathustra (TSZ)" (Nietzsche's masterpiece), definitely read TSZ.

TSZ is mostly written in parables / metaphors, but its fairly easy to understand, and its good actually because to an extent it leave it open to your own interpretation. It's a book that will definitely change your worldview and give you a sense of purpose.

Art of War is good, but a lot of the lessons dont really apply to everyday life tbh.

I know about Nietzsche's work, I was worried that the OP may have it confused but upon googling "God is dead book" there was a result with God is Dead as its literal title, by some dude called Ron Currie, whoever that is.

I didn't want to assume anything about OP's intelligence so I figured he meant the relatively unheard of book.

If the OP is making the choice between Sun Tzu and Nietzsche I would be in agreement with you, I just cannae be sure that he is.
I know about Nietzsche's work, I was worried that the OP may have it confused but upon googling "God is dead book" there was a result with God is Dead as its literal title, by some dude called Ron Currie, whoever that is.

I didn't want to assume anything about OP's intelligence so I figured he meant the relatively unheard of book.

If the OP is making the choice between Sun Tzu and Nietzsche I would be in agreement with you, I just cannae be sure that he is.

Sorry the person who recommended me the book got it confused I myself did not do much research about God is dead only the art of war.My sincere apologies.
TSZ worked much better for me.
The quote 'God is dead' is a statement in the mouth of a character in a book by Nietzsche (but it's an interesting idea).

Latest