The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

could you say to compare: for why was scatter graph used
I've signed the petition. Might not help but oh well, at least we tried. Has anybody seen the #aqabiology posts? Seems like we're doing well so far with E4 and the Telegraph writing about the exam.
https://www.change.org/p/aqa-lower-the-grade-boundaries-for-aqa-biology-2016-examination?recruiter=543246764&utm_source=petitions_share&utm_medium=copylink
Original post by mohamed2024
could you say to compare: for why was scatter graph used

Yeah, better to say to compare the two variables but 1 mark at least
was skin fine for the sense organ question?
Original post by lilyflowerxoxo
For the sense organ one would eyes be okay?
i put skin because it said not including sense organs in the head? Or they would go to the brain
Am I the only one that was like "lol what m8?" when they asked about the living indicator? I wrote lichens even though lichens aren't even animals
Reply 846
Original post by zeldor711
Good point. It wasn't used in any of the questions. Maybe jut to mislead us on the food chain question?...

Why not just put a few 2 markers question on the menstrual cycle? Atleast that would boost my score abit higher. 😂😂
Original post by bbgrey48

Yes
also for the horse question i put ankle bones got bigger and foot bones became smaller in area. For the natural selection i didn't actually mention the ground getting harder in my answer, will i lose a mark?
Reply 849
Original post by BrightSmoke_
Am I the only one that was like "lol what m8?" when they asked about the living indicator? I wrote lichens even though lichens aren't even animals

Couldn't write anything really worms are insects not animals 🤔😊
Original post by bbgrey48

Yes, that's correct. I put eyes but lots of people are saying skin was the right answer.
Original post by Yunus.
Couldn't write anything really worms are insects not animals 🤔😊

I'm just hoping the grade boundaries are low tbh 😂 and the ISA better boost up my grade, otherwise I'm not coming home on results day 😁
Original post by Haashym

It was 0.6%

It was 2x10^6 divided by 3x10^8 which was 0.006r
Times by a hundred to get the percentage
= 0.6%
Original post by charliej2802
Anyone else get 0.67%???

yeah but i didnt round i got 0.6 recurring
starting to regret that...
Reply 854
well done guys and thanks for the mark scheme...all that is now left to do is to pray that the grade boundaries go down!
good luck to all dear friends...:u:
Reply 855
For the graph i put it was continous? Is this right, and for the pollution i put lichen and sulfur dioxde ;l
Reply 856
Could you have put those moths for the environmental indicator as they showed up due to industrial pollution?? That's probably completely wrong😞
it said type of animal, so I put invertebrates in water?? is that right? idk
Original post by zeldor711
Yeah, better to say to compare the two variables but 1 mark at least

Oh no :frown: I put to show a correlation as a line graph can't be used because he data isn't continuous!
Reply 859
What would 38/60 be on average? Would it get me an A?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending