The Student Room Group

Petition to aqa to lower the grade boundaries.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20

This is not how grade boundaries work, they are supposed to get almost the same percentage of A*s every year...
Signed, half of the bloody questions on the paper were not even in the specification!
Reply 22
Original post by tammio
This is not how grade boundaries work, they are supposed to get almost the same percentage of A*s every year...

Think what you want.Let me go back to my revision.Bye
Lol. You might as well do this for every exam.
Original post by AGBF
Think what you want.Let me go back to my revision.Bye

"Think what you want"? They are right. Stop being an immature brat.
Original post by wildjones
SIGNED

YES YES eVERYBODY START TRENDS, LAST TIME IT BROUGHT DOWN THE GRADE BOUNDARIES
Super confused. Hasn't exam season just started? Wouldn't it be too early to be asking for this as examiners haven't even marked any papers yet and exams are still going on.
Reply 27
Original post by TeenPolyglot
I'm not signing, but simply because I found it the absolute easiest biology paper I've ever done, so I'm feeling rather confident anyway,

same here but a lower grade boundary means a higher grade/mark :smile:
Original post by s.mo
same here but a lower grade boundary means a higher grade/mark :smile:

That's true.

However I also don't want to be part of the demographic of students who feel it's right to try and cheat around every instance they get just because it's happened once before.
Reply 29
Original post by TeenPolyglot
That's true.

However I also don't want to be part of the demographic of students who feel it's right to try and cheat around every instance they get just because it's happened once before.

:s-smilie: when did this happen before???
and i wouldve agreed with that but alot of the things that came up were not on the spec and alot of the main topics that come on every exam were not there. It was more like a general knowledge paper than a biology paper & it also had too many graphs...which isnt really a bad thing and was expected
Reply 30
Original post by ivybridge
"Think what you want"? They are right. Stop being an immature brat.

Any proof that they are right?HUH?Thats what i thought.Don't call me immature brat otherwise i have to report you to the mods.
Original post by AGBF
Any proof that they are right?HUH?Thats what i thought.Don't call me immature brat otherwise i have to report you to the mods.

Yes, the exam board themselves. They do not operate how you seem to think they do. It is no secret. Every single teacher of mine is an examiner and some work with the boards on other things. You're wrong.

And, don't behave like one then mate.
I don't think this petition will go very far.

Remember last year's GCSE maths outcry, yet nothing happened.
Signed. I didn't do core biology, but I did a core science resit from year 10 (double science). I got a B last year, but re-took because I wanted an A. I would be lucky to get a ****ing C! The paper was honestly the hardest paper I have ever done. I usually answer every single question, didn't understand most of them! There is supposed to be one 6 marker, a few 4 markers and the rest 1/2/3... THERE WERE TWO 6 MARKS, THREE 5 MARKERS AND FOUR 4 MARKERS! They were sooo long and hard! So pissed off, why are they ruining our GCSE's like this! This will stick with us for the rest of our lives, they cant suddenly make it 100x harder over 1 year! Nothing like the past papers. So pathetic
Original post by s.mo
:s-smilie: when did this happen before???
and i wouldve agreed with that but alot of the things that came up were not on the spec and alot of the main topics that come on every exam were not there. It was more like a general knowledge paper than a biology paper & it also had too many graphs...which isnt really a bad thing and was expected

Exactly. This is why it's ridiculous how everyone is claiming it was so difficult- "what is an independent company?"

Common sense and intuition will tell you that obviously the independent company is independent from the drug company, so is not connected with it. That then basically gives you the answer for the second part.

And it happened with the Edexcel Maths last year.
I'm sure this happens year on year where there's a hard exam paper and there's an outcry of people who feel they've been hard done by the exam boards.

Unfortunately, exams are getting harder and require much more than just regurgitating knowledge and learning answers from previous questions. This is something you're going to have to live with and just keep continuing to work hard.

A petition will not lower the grade boundaries. However if nationally the cohort have done poorly then the grade boundaries will reflect this. Stop complaining and work hard for the rest of your exams instead of dwelling on something you can now not change.
Reply 37
Original post by Blackstarr
I don't think this petition will go very far.

Remember last year's GCSE maths outcry, yet nothing happened.

June 2015 for a B was 95
Nov 2015 for a B was 98

Every little helps
Reply 38
Original post by ivybridge
Yes, the exam board themselves. They do not operate how you seem to think they do. It is no secret. Every single teacher of mine is an examiner and some work with the boards on other things. You're wrong.

And, don't behave like one then mate.

Not your mate,mate

Also where's the proof huh?
Just cuz u were one of the ones doing them piss easy GCSES of 2014 below loll
Original post by AGBF
Not your mate,mate

Also where's the proof huh?
Just cuz u were one of the ones doing them piss easy GCSES of 2014 below loll

*Says he isn't my mate... proceeds to say mate.* - I can see why you are asking for lower boundaries.

Oh, grow up. I had a good enough profile to apply to Harvard. You know nothing about difficulty - wait until A-Levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending