The Student Room Group

Maths Ocr 2016 C1

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
When doing differentiation, applying to real life aspects, for example finding the maximum volume, why do we set dV/dx = 0
Can anyone help me with transforming graphs? like how can you tell if its a transformation parallel to the y axis or if its parallel to x axis?
Reply 22
Original post by SGHD26716
When doing differentiation, applying to real life aspects, for example finding the maximum volume, why do we set dV/dx = 0

Think of stationary points
Original post by Logic4Life
Can anyone help me with transforming graphs? like how can you tell if its a transformation parallel to the y axis or if its parallel to x axis?

If the change is inside the bracket then x axis. If change is outside the bracket then y axis. The only exception is when there is a reflection (negative sign). If the (-) is outside the bracket then reflection in x axis but if (-) is inside the bracket then reflection in y axis.
Reply 25
Original post by CLGC98
Think of stationary points

So volume is the same?
Reply 26
Do you always set dy/dx to 0 when finding max or minimum in real life situations?
How did everyone find the C1 exam? Question 11 & 9 were pretty hard....
How did people find it?! I thought it went VERY well!!
I liked it! But I wonder, what did you guys write down for what did you guys say for why the gradient of AB only is for point A?
What was the answer for k in the last question? I foudn it as -3(1/8)>k.
Reply 31
Hardest C1 paper yet?
Original post by Dmitry_Mednov
What was the answer for k in the last question? I foudn it as -3(1/8)>k.

I got that k is less that -7.5
Harder than any of the practice papers so far. OCR got me with very hard Geography and now the Maths. Thanks OCR!
(edited 7 years ago)
Never struggled so much on a maths paper,i can safely say i won't get an A now. :s-smilie:
I got a, as 25/2 and k, as -1+- root 15.Which I think are both wrong.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 35
That is the third C1 paper I've sat - definitely hardest yet!
Original post by Skipper12345
I got that k is less that -7.5

I think most people got that answer
It was defo the hardest c1 paper in the last 6 years mate reckon I got 60
Does anyone remember what the last question's equations were?
fml why could i not have been born 1 year later and sat the june 2015 paper that **** was piss easy compared to this im ****ed unless its like 60 for an A

Quick Reply

Latest