The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amar Joshi
I think it was sclera instead of iris as the arrow was pointing to the white part of the eye.

Yaaaas that's what I wrote like it doesn't make sense for it to be the iris
Reply 21
Is it okay to not round the % question as I put 15.97 or whatever it was not 16% ??
So this is what a biology exam is like? :moon: Rip Me and all AQA students
Original post by Olijones100
Answer was antibodies/lymphocytes for question about binds to antigens, and similar to haemoglobin being found in red blood cell, the antibodies/lymphocytes are produced by white blood cells

yass thats what i putt !!!
Also, protcists have nucleus, as said in the text book and the cgp book, so there should've been a tick by it.

Cheers kscwnker❤️❤️❤️
Original post by nunu10
For the vagina questions, what did you put for the last label? Vagina??

I put vagina wall. :frown:
Also, protcists have nucleus, as said in the text book and the cgp book, so there should've been a tick by it.

Cheers kscwnker❤️❤️❤️

Just about to say that
Yeah, protoctists have nucleas
Original post by johnboyjones
I put vagina wall. :frown:

I put cervix because the arrow was on the wall, not the space in between which is the vagina
Reply 28
Was it starch or glucose for the gaps question guys?!!!!
Original post by Abodee1
Was it starch or glucose for the gaps question guys?!!!!

glucose
i agree - i got it wrong but also thought it was pointing at sclera - think that tripped a lot of people up
Original post by Livhhhh
Is it okay to not round the % question as I put 15.97 or whatever it was not 16% ??

I put that as well. As the information in the questions were given to 4 significant figures, i did the same for the asnswer
You've forgotten the stomata question

For transport
-transpiration- guard cells
- excess water from plant to keep gradient high to allow water to pass through into leaf
-diffusion- define

Gas exchange
-absorption of co2 for photosynthesis
-excretion of o2 as biproduct of ^ and therefore unnecessary
-diffusion- define

Any corrections feel free to add
You've forgotten the stomata question

For transport
-transpiration- guard cells
- excess water from plant to keep gradient high to allow water to pass through into leaf
-diffusion- define

Gas exchange
-absorption of co2 for photosynthesis
-excretion of o2 as biproduct of ^ and therefore unnecessary
-diffusion- define

Any corrections feel free to add

Thanks. -SP
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by conradliebers
Thanks for your contribution.

there was a question after that regarding transpiration too, and how moving wind effected the rate of transpiration
Reply 35
Original post by Amar Joshi
I put cervix because the arrow was on the wall, not the space in between which is the vagina

The cervix is the gap above the vagina though... I put vaginal muscle which I know is probably wrong haha
Original post by escg
there was a question after that regarding transpiration too, and how moving wind effected the rate of transpiration

Wind blows the water vapour particles next to the leaf away (lost from transpiration) hence maintains a high concentration gradient hence increases the rate of transpiration. (3)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by conradliebers
Ah yes!

Wind blows the water vapour particles next to the leaf away (lost from transpiration) hence maintains a high concentration gradient hence increases the rate of transpiration. (3)

i put that, thank god xD
Reply 38
What do you guys the grade boundary is going to be for an A* considering last years was 75%?
Original post by tmg1999
i agree - i got it wrong but also thought it was pointing at sclera - think that tripped a lot of people up

What did you put?

Latest