The Student Room Group

OCR Sociology AS

has anyone done the 'tuesday 15th' OCR sociology exam today?? any links for mark scheme/do you remember any of the questions?? thanks!!:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ayleeshar
has anyone done the 'tuesday 15th' OCR sociology exam today?? any links for mark scheme/do you remember any of the questions?? thanks!!:biggrin:

What exam code? I did H180/01 today
Reply 2
Original post by kas9

i'm 98% sure it is that one x
Reply 3
Original post by kas9

Hiw did you find the sociology exam.
Reply 4
i'm 98% sure it is that one x

What'd you like to know?
Reply 5
Original post by Zain khan
Hiw did you find the sociology exam.

I didn't think it was too bad, the first four questions were alright.
Although the question about explaining the 'ideology of the nuclear family' was a bit difficult.
Also the last 20 marker about marriage being a thing of the past in contemporary UK was a little tough too.
I think i did alright in answering them though, just wrote everything i knew.

How'd you find it?
Reply 6
Good have you got the questions from the paper, if yeah can you please send them i want to have a look please
Reply 7
Original post by kas9
I didn't think it was too bad, the first four questions were alright.
Although the question about explaining the 'ideology of the nuclear family' was a bit difficult.
Also the last 20 marker about marriage being a thing of the past in contemporary UK was a little tough too.
I think i did alright in answering them though, just wrote everything i knew.

How'd you find it?

I agree!! I could't think of many points against the 20 marker and I also answered it last and ran out of time so that's 15 marks gone! gotta smash this research methods and social inequalities paper now... luckily they're my strong points!!
Reply 8
I agree!! I could't think of many points against the 20 marker and I also answered it last and ran out of time so that's 15 marks gone! gotta smash this research methods and social inequalities paper now... luckily they're my strong points!!

Luckily i've been practising a lot of question before, so timing was okay.
How do you think you did on the Explain the 'ideology of the nuclear family' question? That one, at first i didn't really understand.

Not looking forward to paper 2 though, although a lot crosses with paper 1 so i should be okay, just need to get boring research methods into my head...
Reply 9
Original post by kas9
Luckily i've been practising a lot of question before, so timing was okay.
How do you think you did on the Explain the 'ideology of the nuclear family' question? That one, at first i didn't really understand.

Not looking forward to paper 2 though, although a lot crosses with paper 1 so i should be okay, just need to get boring research methods into my head...

yeah the word ideology threw me so I just explained functionalist views on the family really well and threw some theories in there! I could've done a lot better I was so mad at myself when I came out I went and bought a massive bar of chocolate to cheer me up and ate it in one sitting!! I think paper 2 might be a bit nicer to us... just a feeling.
yeah the word ideology threw me so I just explained functionalist views on the family really well and threw some theories in there! I could've done a lot better I was so mad at myself when I came out I went and bought a massive bar of chocolate to cheer me up and ate it in one sitting!! I think paper 2 might be a bit nicer to us... just a feeling.

Just hope social ineqiality doesnt come up.
Reply 11
Original post by Zain khan
Just hope social ineqiality doesnt come up.

yeah my whole class are a bit worried about that... my advice would be to focus on marxist, functionalist and feminist views. make revision cards or posters and read them over and over!! better to be safe than sorry I guess. Good luck!!:smile:
Reply 12

Yeah i did too, i just threw in functionalists and new right, and just evaluated it, hopefully it's good enough. Haha, chocolate always works...

Yeah hopefully, and theres less questions so that can be an advantage i guess..
Reply 13
Original post by kas9
Yeah i did too, i just threw in functionalists and new right, and just evaluated it, hopefully it's good enough. Haha, chocolate always works...

yeah.. more marks for them too... I think i'm going to need more chocolate!!
yeah.. more marks for them too... I think i'm going to need more chocolate!!

Do you remember any questions from paper 2 (research methods?
Original post by kas9

do you remember any questions for paper 2 (research methods)
Reply 16
Original post by lizzyknowles
do you remember any questions for paper 2 (research methods)

1. Drawing conclusions from the source
2. Why sociologists build a rapport
3. Why sociologists use quantitative data
4.Using semi structured interviews and relating to the source

These are based off the answers i gave to the questions, so not entirely accurate but a general idea
That moment when I took the OCR AS Sociology exams in May 2016 and got A, but remember nothing because I hated and did not understand sociology. :redface:

I remember the post above is completely correct, though.

As for the papers in general, I found almost EVERY SINGLE QUESTION to be on gender. Like, seriously, just revise gender and you will get A on these papers. I also remember a 10-marker in the first paper being about masculinity and that there was a feral children question which dealt with what we learn in society (I think I spoke how gender is learnt and reinforced in society in that one because it was the most obvious thing).

Another question was to define 'culture'.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
Hello everyone hope all is well and everyone's working hard. I am currently doing an online chat video on sociology and charge £5 per hour this will include any help you may need with also resources such as revision booklets in which I can send pictures to you or post to you as well as revision guides. I have achieved a A* in my sociology exam and would like to now help others achieve a A* in sociology. If you are intrested or have any questions please let me know we can discuss this further!! Thank you
PREDICTIONS ANYONE?

I cant remmeber all these sociologists so only want to concentrate on a few groups and pray they come up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending