The Student Room Group

WJEC AS GEOGRAPHY G1 and G2 17 and 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kaneki
Anyone remember what Research Enquiry section was in section 3? I'm retaking G2 on Friday and I really doubt it'll be the same one twice!

Something like Outline 2 weaknesses from your investigation. My teacher also said same question won't appear! :smile:
Original post by Ktd1299
I'm also pretty certain it wasn't compare. Could be wrong, but I'm sure it just said outline the impacts on 2 different regions.

I thought it said that too!
Reply 42
Original post by Leeshandexams
Something like Outline 2 weaknesses from your investigation. My teacher also said same question won't appear! :smile:

So Data Collection? I mean it could appear twice, but considering there's 5 sections it'd be silly for them to do it, good luck on Friday!
Reply 43
I thought it said that too!

The question about human importance in climate change was outline but I'm certain the impacts one was compare! I was stressing out about it!
Original post by Kaneki
So Data Collection? I mean it could appear twice, but considering there's 5 sections it'd be silly for them to do it, good luck on Friday!

Uhmm.. actually the question is quite broad. Because it could fall under Method/Data etc if you think of it! even conclusions! My teacher said they don't ask the same questions.. cause there would be no point. I'll ask her tomorrow and get back to you.

Thank you! you too.
Reply 45
There were 2 outlines though. I remember really clearly because I looked at the command words and both were outline which I thought was strange. I'm sorry but I'm really sure it was outline the impacts on 2 regions and not compare. I might be wrong but I don't remember them asking to compare at all.
Reply 46
Original post by Kaneki
Anyone remember what Research Enquiry section was in section 3? I'm retaking G2 on Friday and I really doubt it'll be the same one twice!

do you mean question 3c? if so that was two weaknesses in your investigation :P
Reply 47
Original post by Ktd1299
There were 2 outlines though. I remember really clearly because I looked at the command words and both were outline which I thought was strange. I'm sorry but I'm really sure it was outline the impacts on 2 regions and not compare. I might be wrong but I don't remember them asking to compare at all.

I remember that too. But they were in the second section on tectonics. Outline perceptions and outline strengths and weaknesses of management.
Reply 48
Original post by Caver
do you mean question 3c? if so that was two weaknesses in your investigation :P

Uhmm.. actually the question is quite broad. Because it could fall under Method/Data etc if you think of it! even conclusions! My teacher said they don't ask the same questions.. cause there would be no point. I'll ask her tomorrow and get back to you.

Thank you! you too.

Shoot so they didn't make it section specific? That's a really nice question it has to be said, fingers crossed G2 gives something as nice.
Original post by Zaah
The question about human importance in climate change was outline but I'm certain the impacts one was compare! I was stressing out about it!

Section 1
''Outline the imacts of climate change on two different regions''

Something along the lines of Importance of climate change with humans...
Section 2
How do some groups precieve tectonic/flooding events as negative

Outline one strategy on managing tectonic events and the strengths/weaknesses

Think these were some what the questions??
Original post by 123bongo
ok good, i wrote about green house gases and the industrial revolution, but a girl in my class spoke about the gaia principle and graphs connecting to that

the "gaia principle" wasn't even in my syllabus haha, don't know if its because my exam was a resit from last year...
Reply 51
Original post by Bradg199
the "gaia principle" wasn't even in my syllabus haha, don't know if its because my exam was a resit from last year...

Nope syllabus didn't change this year for WJEC, it's happening next year.. I have no clue what the gaia principle even is :') time to google..
Wait? it was a compare question?! I thought we just had to talk about the impacts climate change had on two regions?

ye it definitely had compare in there, it was strange because the comparison element really didn't seem to fit the question because the impacts are mostly the same for regions e.g. migration, economic loss etc...
Reply 53
ye it definitely had compare in there, it was strange because the comparison element really didn't seem to fit the question because the impacts are mostly the same for regions e.g. migration, economic loss etc...

Yeah exactly, that's why I thought saying Alaska has physical impacts and Russia has human impacts was valid but am so unsure. Do you think that's credible?

Looks like it was.. I totally missed it. I didn't even see that. Was it outline and compare? if it was just compare I've lost 10 marks!
Reply 55
Original post by Zaah
Yeah exactly, that's why I thought saying Alaska has physical impacts and Russia has human impacts was valid but am so unsure. Do you think that's credible?

Definitely, Alaska has a far smaller population and a less tolerant environment, so the impacts are going to be largely physical compared to human ones.

Sounds like a really good example to use actually :-)
Just checked now with a past paper.

Was ''Compare the impacts of climate change in two regions that you have studied.''

Next question was ''Outline the relative importance of Humans in causing recent climate change.''

....Guess I'm resitting next year!!!
Original post by Zaah

ye that sounds good
Reply 58
Original post by Kaneki

If you look back on past papers they could easily do the same fo g2 as g1. I said it would be limitations/weaknesses or thereabout today. I think it could be same for g2 or planning as that has not come up since summer 13. Data collec came up last yr.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 59
Just checked now with a past paper.

Was ''Compare the impacts of climate change in two regions that you have studied.''

Next question was ''Outline the relative importance of Humans in causing recent climate change.''

....Guess I'm resitting next year!!!

If you discussed two impacts of climate change you'll probably just be capped at lower band two, so 4,5,6 marks (More likely 4). So you may not have to, if you've aced the rest of the paper there's still a good chance for an A, considering you only need 66% of the raw marks.

Try not to worry about it!

Quick Reply

Latest