The Student Room Group

An inspector calls 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ella_08
yeah good point actually. Although I think with the lack of quotes and evidence, it may be a struggle

True, that is a huge issue because there are no quotes at all - well not many tbh.
Original post by danielwinstanley
True, that is a huge issue because there are no quotes at all - well not many tbh.

hah i guess it's not like you can say "this can be evidenced when Edna opens the door" :biggrin: I might revise her anyway- just in case. Who do you think will come up?
Reply 22
Original post by Ella_08
Hello everyone :wink:
I hope GCSE revision is going well for you guys.

For the Insepctor Calls section, I was thinking...
couldn't you just revise all the characters and not do any themes?

Because it gives you a choice of two questions:

>> One question is based on characters i.e. " what do you think is the importance of Inspector Goole and how does Priestley present him?" This format is usually the same every year and it doesn't restrict you to do certain themes on the characters

>> The other question is about themes. i.e. "how does Priestley present ideas about gender in An Inspector Calls?

So if I just revise characters is that okay and logical? It would make it a lot more time effective.
Thanku

Use the CGP guide. That is what I did to get a basic idea and then it is just your brain developing the idea, which you can do yourself. Got an A* by this so it works (for me anyway)
Original post by Ella_08
hah i guess it's not like you can say "this can be evidenced when Edna opens the door" :biggrin: I might revise her anyway- just in case. Who do you think will come up?

Oh, I am currently in year 10 so I am not up for making predictions. However, I think that Eva could come up.
Original post by SGHD26716
Use the CGP guide. That is what I did to get a basic idea and then it is just your brain developing the idea, which you can do yourself. Got an A* by this so it works (for me anyway)

I don't have that unfortunately. Good idea though, thank you. I'm the kind of person who needs to plan EverYthiNG! I'm afraid I can't just go into the exam and think on the spot. I'll write essays on characters in advance and then do a quick bullet point list in addition
cheers, you just made me think of that for some reason :wink:
Oh, I am currently in year 10 so I am not up for making predictions. However, I think that Eva could come up.

aah ok.. i see. Eva came up in 2014 so that's probably not likely. But you probably haven't been shown the past exam questions yet, i'm presuming
Original post by Ella_08
aah ok.. i see. Eva came up in 2014 so that's probably not likely. But you probably haven't been shown the past exam questions yet, i'm presuming

We'll probably not see those exam questions because we're doing the new GCSEs where we get one question with no choice like "Explain how Gerald is present in this extract as well as the play as a whole"
Reply 27
Lol Edna
We'll probably not see those exam questions because we're doing the new GCSEs where we get one question with no choice like "Explain how Gerald is present in this extract as well as the play as a whole"

I completely forgot about that. Good luck, you have plenty of time yet
Original post by Ella_08
I completely forgot about that. Good luck, you have plenty of time yet

Yes, and thankfully, we've done An Inspector Calls already :biggrin:
Yes, and thankfully, we've done An Inspector Calls already :biggrin:

that's amazing! When you're in y11 you won't have to go insane about it like me lol
Original post by Ella_08
that's amazing! When you're in y11 you won't have to go insane about it like me lol

We've currently done Narrative Writing, An Inspector Calls, Unseen Poetry and Poem Anthology. Yes, before you ask, they're as fun as they sound :biggrin:
We've currently done Narrative Writing, An Inspector Calls, Unseen Poetry and Poem Anthology. Yes, before you ask, they're as fun as they sound :biggrin:

Seems like you enjoy english more than me (; The poetry revision is quite entertaining though - i like it more than inspector calls. You've done so much woaah
I would love to have a question on Edna: it gives you a chance to discuss the social hierarchy and how her lack of appearance shows how under appreciated she is.

Can't exactly get top marks without using extracts though

It won't be her anyway
By the way, does anyone want to swap notes?
I have lots of notes on each character but obviously we wouldn't be able to swap entire essays (we wouldn't want them to be exactly the same). We should only swap one paragraph
My best notes are on: Sheila, Eric, Mrs B, Mr B.
And I need notes on Gerald and the Inspector.
If anyone wants to trade one paragraph PM me (;
Reply 35
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Ah ok, perhaps I came off as a bit aggressive. I think it is worth it revising themes because it might say

" how are ideas about class presented in AIC"? And class inequality etc is a major theme.

I'm also praying Gerald comes up. Sheila would be a dream but I think it's unlikely.

why is sheila unlikely
Original post by zixd
why is sheila unlikely

I guess because she's easier to write about as she has the most character development throughout the play?
Reply 37
Original post by GlassyMarbles
I guess because she's easier to write about as she has the most character development throughout the play?

i hope it's mrs birling tbh, feel like gerald is a minor
Original post by zixd
i hope it's mrs birling tbh, feel like gerald is a minor

ahaha tbh I'm more worried about writing all I can in the time we have, or having a literal brain freeze after 5 minutes
I would love to have a question on Edna: it gives you a chance to discuss the social hierarchy and how her lack of appearance shows how under appreciated she is.

but thats about it? so i really hope she wont come up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending