The Student Room Group

AQA iGCSE Biology Paper 1

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="iwishicouldfly14;64886551"]It was that one.[/QUOTE

Im not sure but I think the panda one was kinda the 'Human Effects' topic?? I put about deforestation and loss of biodiversity and habitat because of humans taking land for industry and infrastructure etc.
Original post by Vapouriser
Was that the one about why the number of giant pandas was decreasing

What did you put?
Original post by Monideep
What did you put?

I put about how population increase leads to higher demand for food and therefore deforestation occurs in order to plant more crops and as bears lose their homes/habitat they'll die from like not being able to find food or new shelter.
What did anyone put for the structure of DNA because all i could think of was double helix and about the bases??
can someone help me?

Explain how fermenters are used in theproduction of penicillin :frown:
Original post by Agrace_15
What did anyone put for the structure of DNA because all i could think of was double helix and about the bases??

There's nothing else to say about it just that it's in the shape of a double helix, made up of bases and 3 amino acids code for each base I think
can someone help me?

Explain how fermenters are used in theproduction of penicillin :frown:
Anyone else find it seemed much more like a paper 2 exam? Lost marks floppy by stating secondary form when malignant tumours spread to surrounding tissues- forgot about bloodstream and the maths question.
There's nothing else to say about it just that it's in the shape of a double helix, made up of bases and 3 amino acids code for each base I think

Ahh thanks I put most of that i think
Original post by JamieTheb
Anyone else find it seemed much more like a paper 2 exam? Lost marks floppy by stating secondary form when malignant tumours spread to surrounding tissues- forgot about bloodstream and the maths question.

I actually for a sec thought i had revised for the wrong paper... there were so many HSW things I was surprised. Also do secondary tumors mean malignant because I didn't remember them being referred to as secondary?
Original post by Agrace_15
I actually for a sec thought i had revised for the wrong paper... there were so many HSW things I was surprised. Also do secondary tumors mean malignant because I didn't remember them being referred to as secondary?

Malignant is the cancerous tumours which spread and affect other tissue, so I just guessed it with malignant tbh. My whole year thought the paper was incorrect, many think they failed- was just a weird paper
Malignant is the cancerous tumours which spread and affect other tissue, so I just guessed it with malignant tbh. My whole year thought the paper was incorrect, many think they failed- was just a weird paper

ohh ok yeah i just read the spec...I just wrote something vague about replicating cells. Also same - the people in my year who usually come out of exams really chilled were stressed today
What did people put for the bear question?
Was that the one about why the number of giant pandas was decreasing

My obscure knowledge of giant pandas came in use. Basics, they're building train tracks all over the Yangtzee Basin. This splits them off from other bears so they can't mate. They've also been poached a lot and the train tracks are isolating them from patches of foods well
Original post by JCwizard
that was easy, if you are finding that hard, i worry for you

Oh come on, no need to be a prat about it

That was my exact thought. So much application for a paper 1
Original post by notveryoriginal
That was my exact thought. So much application for a paper 1

My entire year came up worrying, just a weird weird paper. Flicked to the front page to make sure it was the correct paper. I'm pretty certain the grade boundaries will be low- mid 60's for a*
My entire year came up worrying, just a weird weird paper. Flicked to the front page to make sure it was the correct paper. I'm pretty certain the grade boundaries will be low- mid 60's for a*

We can hope :')
What was the letter for the common ancestor question and what era was the black bear ancestors from?
Original post by Supreme_
What was the letter for the common ancestor question and what era was the black bear ancestors from?

i put A and the pilocene era

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending