The Student Room Group

How do you think the AQA GCSE Biology 1 paper was?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ANJXLA
What is an independent company?????

The exam board will be really relient with this dw/ as long as you indicated it has no affliations/wasnt the drug producing company you'll get the mark
anyone know the grade boundaries for this paper, it was such a ridiculous paper with nothing about biology
I think that the fact that it wasn't really a biology paper and less knowledge may boost the grade boundaries, as they may not think students need to know that much biology. Hopefully the other science papers are a lot better than this :smile:
Reply 83
What dd people get for why testing drugs in independent company is important I put its not biased
Original post by coreishamason
anyone know the grade boundaries for this paper, it was such a ridiculous paper with nothing about biology

The grade boundaries are determined by how good the national results are.
Reply 85
Original post by Adzkii786
The exam board will be really relient with this dw/ as long as you indicated it has no affliations/wasnt the drug producing company you'll get the mark

I put that it was company that works on its own and for the second part of the question i put the results would be reliable and less biased.
Do you think that would get me any marks?
I found it ridiculously easy.

My favourite biology exam I've ever sat, and I absolutely detest biology.
Original post by nettogrof
So I sat biology unit one exam today and it was the one exam I did a lot of revision for and did all the recent past papers for and I felt as though the paper was nothing like the recent past papers and a lot harder :'( How did everyone else find it?

It was such a God send I barely revised menstrual cycle and cloning, but revised nervous system and the mayfly questions etc.

However the GM mosquitos threw me
Original post by Helen k
What dd people get for why testing drugs in independent company is important I put its not biased

Me too, I think that was right
Lets hope for low grade boundaries!! Yeh I was really hoping for a menstrual cycle/carbon cycle/vaccine question but no instead it just seemed so random - I even hated the QWC because I never thought they would ask us that :frown:

Exactly! I flopped on that ahaha I swapped proteins with vitamins and said that vitamins are for growth and repair and forgot water ):
Original post by sophietapson
Me too, I think that was right

Yeah I heard it was that /:
Reply 91
Original post by Marshall Taylor
A very risky paper by AQA, there are a few petitions to lower the grade boundaries because most questions were not even in the specification!

The questions were in the specification, just it was under how science works but the important biology wasn't in the paper
Hey saw something about this paper in the news... What was the question on the drunk 15 year olds? (I'm in year 12 btw :smile:)
So I sat biology unit one exam today and it was the one exam I did a lot of revision for and did all the recent past papers for and I felt as though the paper was nothing like the recent past papers and a lot harder :'( How did everyone else find it?

I'm so annoyed! i revised so much for the carbon cycle, keeping healthy, fighting against pathogens, cloning and various other topics and they didn't even come up on the exam !!! And to make matters worse the first question wasn't even a biology question! Its not even in the specification nor specimen!!
Glad somebody thinks the same as me
This exam was soo ****, i revised the menstrual cycle, auxins and carbon cycle but then i end up getting asked about and independent company wtffffff
I REVISED ALL THE PAST PAPERS BUT THIS EXAM WAS SOO IRRELEVANT TO BIOLOGY!!!!
I revised so hard and I found it really difficult. I did really bad on the 6 marker, really wasn't expecting that!! It was so simple I hadn't revised it. Similarly I was thinking they would put up menstrual cycle or carbon cycle. There was lots of data handling which I'm horrendous at, but i was glad they put the questions about synapses and receptors as I think I picked up a few marks. Also, the genetic engineering and one about the horse was quite easy as it was so similar to the 2014 paper. I'm glad everyone else found it hard let hope for low grade boundaries!!!
Original post by #sarahsmith2
Hey saw something about this paper in the news... What was the question on the drunk 15 year olds? (I'm in year 12 btw :smile:)

you had to analyse the graph and the graph was on the the % of 15year olds that drink different alcoholic beverages e.g beer and cider. It was totally uncalled for tbh
Reply 98
Original post by ellenpeters
did anyone get 0.6 reccuring on the malaria question?

yup👍
This exam was so stupid. I was sitting there like waiting for me to use all my knowledge and I couldn't 😂 Literally nothing which I concentrated on was on the paper! I was so confused. I think it's because they're changing it next year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending