The Student Room Group

AQA listening french was Joke!!

Scroll to see replies

You know for the traffic: was it to check the traffic conditions for the road and the orange card: no problems with change, less time lost (i.e quicker) ? - listening Q6
Original post by Adzkii786
You know for the traffic: was it to check the traffic conditions for the road and the orange card: no problems with change, less time lost (i.e quicker) ? - listening Q6

That's exactly what I wrote :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by icy_typhoon
you know aqa are trying too hard to fill the diversity quota when they come up with names like fatoumata

Every exam board does it. It's really weird, do they actually meet a diversity quota by throwing those names in?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs0So6rYkM0
Original post by leopard923
That's exactly what I wrote :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol haha yes! Because I heard "monnaie" and like I immediately thought change
Did anyone do IGCSE listening? How did you find it in comparison to the past papers?
Original post by Adzkii786
Lol haha yes! Because I heard "monnaie" and like I immediately thought change

Same here!!! I learnt that one especially because its sort of a trick one :smile:. Well I'm glad we have the same lool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys at least you did not get confused between "fromage" and "chomage". I legit thought the city did not have enough cheese :s-smilie:
It wasn't impossible! Stop making silly threads!!!
Reply 28
Original post by Lavender3002
Did anyone do IGCSE listening? How did you find it in comparison to the past papers?

ridiculously hard
As soon as I saw the word 'selfie' I nearly screamed.
Won't be surprised if AQA put something like 'How to clapback' or 'How to dab' or 'How to make a meme' next year. They'll do anything to try and 'appeal' to teenagers smh
Original post by _mxrky
ridiculously hard

Same here - everyone in my school thought the same that it was really difficult. I have looked at the markschemes for the past two years and an A* in both was 33!
Do you think grade boundaries will go down and do you know of any unofficial mark schemes for IGCSE?
Reply 31
AQA have ****ed me over twice today- first with french listening and then with biology unit 1 to top it all off! Fuming rn
Lol I totally agree with you guys Im just depending on cw. Did anyone find the reading a bit easy?
The listening was kind of difficult but the reading was pretty okay! I'm confident... I mean, in mocks me and my close friend were the top 2 with high A*s so that helps. What stupid topics though. I mean selfies - seriously??
they're really lenient in marking for french listening, so don't worry :smile: i'm sure you'll have done fine
(a tip maybe, don't take it as a-level because it ruins your life)
Original post by niamh.savill
they're really lenient in marking for french listening, so don't worry :smile: i'm sure you'll have done fine
(a tip maybe, don't take it as a-level because it ruins your life)

Thanks for the headsup! I was considering taking French as an A-level but so many people says it's really difficult plus I already struggle with GCSE French :/ but the reading paper wasn't that bad, I'd say it was very easy actually but the listening was more difficult for me. I struggle with listening papers a lot
The girl behind me's table collapsed during question 19 for the listening and I felt like that was an omen

Posted from TSR Mobile
Grade boundary predictions??? Does anyone expect low grade boundaries?
(edited 7 years ago)
Did anyone do AQA iGCSE French listening, I thought I would be OK but it was so hard. I completely made up the entire page on Senegal. No one in my year found it easy and we are all hoping for low boundaries.
Original post by UnKoWn_AdventurE
Grade boundary predictions??? Does anyone expect low grade boundaries?

Yeah I definitely do!! That was probably one of the hardest papers for that I've done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply