The Student Room Group

Petition to aqa to lower the grade boundaries.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alexion
I've just realised, is this where your username comes from? Ivy-league Oxbridge?

I think that's where the idea came from but I genuinely just liked the word haha :lol:
was it really that hard
I did b1 last year and it was pretty easy
Reply 63
Original post by randomperson11
Sign this too, we need an apology.
https://www.change.org/p/aqa-apologise-aqa

Why do you want an apology?

How dare they make you think!
It does not work like this anyway, I remember last year everyone was getting mad at the Edexcel Non-calc paper being hard, Same thing like this a petition was made, one of the questions called 'Hannah's Sweets' made national news for its difficulty and ambiguity. I don't think edexcel lowered the grade boundaries because of that.
Original post by tammio
Why do you want an apology?

How dare they make you think!

It's honestly pathetic isn't it? Given today's England anyway, most of those 15 year olds would have been drunk in their lifetime thus far :lol:.
Original post by ivybridge
I think that's where the idea came from but I genuinely just liked the word haha :lol:

The only other way I've seen it is in the Intel processor architecture but I assumed that would be less likely :3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivy_Bridge_(microarchitecture)
Original post by Alexion
The only other way I've seen it is in the Intel processor architecture but I assumed that would be less likely :3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivy_Bridge_(microarchitecture)

Yep, much less :wink:
Original post by ivybridge
Yep, much less :wink:

Nice logo tho :wink:

Original post by Alexion
Nice logo tho :wink:

Almost as fabulous as me :wink:
do you think the physics will be as bad as bio???
OK seriously I don't get what was wrong with it?
I did the paper and our schools General consensus was easy
Original post by mariam687
i'll sign it even though i didnt do the exam lol

jus feel sorry 4 u guys

but then again, i wouldnt be surprised if ocr's biology exam will be hard

Gosh last years ocr paper literally had -0.000001% bio in it. Probably going to be about banana's and butterflies this year smh:colonhash:
Original post by Bulletzone
No need to start another thread complaining about the Exams okay.
I'm not against discussing about Grade boundaries and stuff, but some of you are slightly pushing it.
If you actually used your brain cells don't you think that AQA would notice if a significant amount of people were getting lower than normal?
Make petitions after the results are published, I hated the French Listening and as far as I know a lot of people on here did as well, but they agree that the reading was easier; Therefore I instinctively know that the listening Grade boundaries are going to be lower.
Sorry if I came across as yelling at you, and I am not posting this to offend anyone, but Please the Exam is over we can not change what has been done.
Get revising for the next one so you don't have to make more threads regarding a lowering in Grade Boundaries :wink:

These guys are idiots. Fools.

Revise more, whinge less!
Take it from someone who say the awful Edexcel maths last year.
Petitions won't do anything. Grade boundaries are calculated in the performance of the entire country, and will try to even out grades as much as possible. It's not "unfair" or something to be "fuming" over, it's something that happens and if it was truly awful, the grade boundaries will be adjusted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone has shared this with me on Twitter - I hope this is the case for all of you :console:

"Where specific questions don't work as intended exam boards often exclude them so they don't affect final grade calculations. Statistical evidence will reveal whether any question can be regarded as a 'fair test' of knowledge (or not!)"
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool
Gosh last years ocr paper literally had -0.000001% bio in it. Probably going to be about banana's and butterflies this year smh:colonhash:

noway?! ugh, what is with these exams?
we revise the spec and do past papers, yet the exam is just full on bs..
Original post by She-Ra
Someone has shared this with me on Twitter - I hope this is the case for all of you :console:

"Where specific questions don't work as intended exam boards often exclude them so they don't affect final grade calculations. Statistical evidence will reveal whether any question can be regarded as a 'fair test' of knowledge (or not!)"

Big WORDS! You must be clever (no sarcasm or joke intended).
Original post by Bulletzone
Big WORDS! You must be clever (no sarcasm or joke intended).

Not my words.... someone elses :wink:
Original post by FailedMyMocks
These guys are idiots. Fools.

Revise more, whinge less!

Come on i think its a bit harsh to call them idiots.generally(on tsr ) everyone revised including me but a minimal amount of bio topics came up :frown:.Oh well,better revise Chem tommorow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending