The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Biology May 17th 2016

Scroll to see replies

I have two questions?

Source of Nitrous Oxide?

and would carbon monoxide count as a greenhouse gas?
Original post by musuba13
I have two questions?

Source of Nitrous Oxide?

I wrote air as a source of nitrous oxide?? And I don't think carbon monoxide will get u a mark.

For the calculation I put 0.0075 but I think I forgot to put the units. I will still get one mark though atleast right?
Original post by anguslurcott
I wrote air as a source of nitrous oxide?? And I don't think carbon monoxide will get u a mark.

For the calculation I put 0.0075 but I think I forgot to put the units. I will still get one mark though atleast right?

But google says carbon monoxide is a ‘weak’ ghg
and i think you would but idek
Burning of fossil fuels is a source of CO and I don't think that it counts as a greenhouse gas
Original post by anguslurcott

No, air is a source of nitrogen
I put cars
I put that the way to measure the change for the egg cell was through cell division through meiosis with different temperatures etc can that be correct?
Reply 166
Guys for the question where we had to label the vagina, what was the last label? Vagina?? Because it wasn't pointing at the hole but at some kind of flesh at the side...
Original post by nunu10
Guys for the question where we had to label the vagina, what was the last label? Vagina?? Because it wasn't pointing at the hole but at some kind of flesh at the side...

Yeah, I wasn't sure either, so I put "vagina (wall)"
Reply 168
Original post by tomtimpson

I put vaginal muscles :embarrassed:
"An extremely important factor affecting exercise heart rate is temperature. Warmer temperatures cause the heart to beat faster and place considerable strain on the body. Simply put, when it is hot, the body must move more blood to the skin to cool it while also maintaining blood flow to the muscles."

pretty sure temperature is allowed......
I have two questions?

Source of Nitrous Oxide?

Exhaust fumes/factories are right I think but there will be more correct answers.

Yes, I think they count as a greenhouse gas, a lot of people in my year put that and CFCs (which is what I put as well)
Original post by nunu10

There was one to the vagina and one to the uterus lining? I wasn't too sure on the lining one as I don't know what the official term for it is lol
Question- in the 10 marker one was "One advantage is that micropropagation produces a ________ number of plants". I put 'infinite' as it can do this theoretically, but thinking this wont be accepted. Thoughts?
I not sure whether they'll allow length of activity because it was mentioned in the question. Age of children and Type of exercise were probably safer choices.

Did it say that in the question? I thought it just told us the heart rates after they exercised but I don't remember any time length. Glad I got one right though, I crossed out an old answer (can't remember it lol) then replaced it with age of children.
Original post by george_c00per
Did it say that in the question? I thought it just told us the heart rates after they exercised but I don't remember any time length. Glad I got one right though, I crossed out an old answer (can't remember it lol) then replaced it with age of children.

I can't remember 100% but I thought it was, and I saw:
Original post by whyohwhyohwhy
I'm pretty sure the amount of time was specified (one minute)
I can't remember 100% but I thought it was, and I saw:

Ffs :s-smilie: oh well, I can't get everything right in a test:colondollar:

I wrote exactly that as well!
I have two questions?

Source of Nitrous Oxide?

I put carbon monoxide aswell and I said car exhaust for nitrous oxide but it comes from freezers and stuff like that mainly
Original post by nunu10

I put cervix??
Original post by gameofno
hi guys im so nervous i've lit cried like thrice. help me :frown:
im gonna focus a lot on reproduction, genetic modification & plants (but ive also done everything else)
what are u focusing on?
good luck to you all xxx

hi, i did the test..tbh it wasn't too hard...:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending