The Student Room Group

IGCSE CIE ICT Exam tips!

The IGCSE CIE ICT Exam paper 1 is tomorrow guys!
Who has tips for remembering certain things.
In particular I'll need some help with remembering systems analysis and design
But I would appreciate some tips in answering the long answer questions.
Thanks in advance!
analysis > design > development > testing > implementation > evaluation

On the CIE website it has the grade boundaries as the maximum mark/ 300? but our paper 1 and 2 were out of 160 together so i dont understand this
Reply 2
Original post by jazz_xox_

On the CIE website it has the grade boundaries as the maximum mark/ 300? but our paper 1 and 2 were out of 160 together so i dont understand this

That could be last year's grade boundaries but I'm not sure.
I'll check the last year papers and add the totals to see if that is the one you are referring to.
Original post by El_lanzo
That could be last year's grade boundaries but I'm not sure.
I'll check the last year papers and add the totals to see if that is the one you are referring to.

Okay, it said it's 234/300 for an A* but this is virtually impossible as our Paper 2 and 3 were out of 100? I'm sure it will work out.

Have you revised a lot? I haven't really, and our teacher went off last year so we have only learn topics 1-5, and 7 :frown: I've taught myself the other topics but don't feel 100% prepared, but the grade boundaries for the paper 1 on its own are quite low.
Good luck :smile:
Reply 4
i never understand the grade boundaries.....How did the paper go? I found it quite challenging, especially the last 8 mark question and the file one. What did you put for those? what about in the magnetic ink one vs the bar code?

thanks
Reply 5
For the magnetic ink vs bar code, I said that magnetic ink is harder to forge and harder the wear away, whereas barcode could wear away and then won't be able to be read, so cheque clearing can't take place.
For the last question, I referred to CLI, GUI and post-wimp interaction, giving examples of video games (use of joystick,etc.), computer tills,and smart phones, etc..
Reply 6
Original post by jazz_xox_

the marks are converted

Quick Reply

Latest