The Student Room Group

16th May Citizenship unit 1 Edexcel

So, how did it go for everyone?
I think it went okay, I thought some of the source questions were worded differently from past papers but apart from that it was fine. Also, is anyone doing unit 3 option B on Thursday, and if so any tips on answering the 15/12/8/6 markers? I haven't got a clue.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kimstudying
So, how did it go for everyone?
I think it went okay, I thought some of the source questions were worded differently from past papers but apart from that it was fine. Also, is anyone doing unit 3 option B on Thursday, and if so any tips on answering the 15/12/8/6 markers? I haven't got a clue.

i didnt have enough time to finish the paper!!
i was on the last essay question (i did theme 2 question about the newspapers) and i was legit in the middle of writing the essay but time was up..

but i did really good in the controlled asessment (60% of grade) so i guess it'll higher it up
Reply 2
Original post by mariam687
i didnt have enough time to finish the paper!!
i was on the last essay question (i did theme 2 question about the newspapers) and i was legit in the middle of writing the essay but time was up..

but i did really good in the controlled assessment (60% of grade) so i guess it'll higher it up

At least you got onto the essay question, I done newspapers as well! I got stuck a bit though, I didn't really like the points they gave they were hard to expand on. I just hope Thursdays exam goes well, what option are you doing?
IT WAS WELL HARD!!!

Whose doing Option 3C Edexcel on thursday. (MESSAGE ME I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO REVISE) I might not even bother revising after the first exam.
Reply 4
Original post by Lightning_xo
IT WAS WELL HARD!!!

Whose doing Option 3C Edexcel on thursday. (MESSAGE ME I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO REVISE) I might not even bother revising after the first exam.

The source questions were so long! Bloody Mungo and his tube strike went on forever.
Reply 5
The source questions were so long! Bloody Mungo and his tube strike went on forever.
what did you write for the part that asked how he could have gotten the governments attention or something like that and why it may have been unsuccessful?
Reply 6
Original post by Afgsed
what did you write for the part that asked how he could have gotten the governments attention or something like that and why it may have been unsuccessful?

I said he could of boycotted because it would of good more attention (or something like that). I said his way of protest was unsuccessful because it would of cause disturbances and might have been arrested - I wasn't sure on that section tbh
At least you got onto the essay question, I done newspapers as well! I got stuck a bit though, I didn't really like the points they gave they were hard to expand on. I just hope Thursdays exam goes well, what option are you doing?

naa, tht was my last citizenship exam
i never used the points, i use my own :smile:

wdym options?
Reply 8
I said he could of boycotted because it would of good more attention (or something like that). I said his way of protest was unsuccessful because it would of cause disturbances and might have been arrested - I wasn't sure on that section tbh
I lacked on that part too I just wrote he could of went arounf with a petition to show that he has support

in his underwear LOL
Reply 10
what did everyone that asked for what rights you would loose if you were a criminal or something like that?
Original post by Afgsed
what did everyone that asked for what rights you would loose if you were a criminal or something like that?

I HAVE NO IDEA!!
i worte soemthing about not getting a good job. think i only wrote one point tbh. Some **** exam. IDEK what edexcel were thinking. Hope option 3 is okay tho.
Reply 12
Original post by Lightning_xo
I HAVE NO IDEA!!
i worte soemthing about not getting a good job. think i only wrote one point tbh. Some **** exam. IDEK what edexcel were thinking. Hope option 3 is okay tho.

I said prisoners lose the right to privacy and right to vote, I'm not sure though
Reply 13
naa, tht was my last citizenship exam
i never used the points, i use my own :smile:

wdym options?

For unit 3, like option A,B or C
For unit 3, like option A,B or C

the last question was an essay question and you had to pick out of the three essay quustions
im edexcel, i think ur a different exam board?

but for the last question i chose option b about newspapers, the 2nd essay question.
Reply 15
the last question was an essay question and you had to pick out of the three essay quustions
im edexcel, i think ur a different exam board?

but for the last question i chose option b about newspapers, the 2nd essay question.

Noo sorry I didn't explain well I did edexcel as well :smile: I mean the other exam, this was for unit 1 and I'm doing a unit 3 exam tomorrow. I was just wondering if you were doing unit 3 option b
Noo sorry I didn't explain well I did edexcel as well :smile: I mean the other exam, this was for unit 1 and I'm doing a unit 3 exam tomorrow. I was just wondering if you were doing unit 3 option b

no i didnt do it

just unit one
i have no other citizenship exam ahah :smile:
Reply 17
no i didnt do it

just unit one
i have no other citizenship exam ahah :smile:

ohh youre so lucky!
ohh youre so lucky!

ahah naaa
we had controlled assessment which was 60% of our grade as well! tht required lots of work too
Reply 19
does anyone know if you would get marks for when the question asks "state two" but instead you stated more? but they weren't the first two?

Quick Reply

Latest