The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel french exam 17th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ~Lily~
Took me like 5 minutes to realise Enzo was the ****ing name of a cat, and when it finally hit me everything made a whole lot more sense! I said something like they couldnt believe he found his way home...somethibg like that! But you gotta love Enzo, he made my day!
Thank you for existing, Enzo, you clever little 'Chat'

Enzo summed up the whole exam tbh. Am I the only one who found the listening really easy?
Reply 21
Original post by jhuk510
who said B for the last question? Bloody enzo

Yes I think I thicked C .-.
Reply 22
Original post by jhuk510
Enzo summed up the whole exam tbh. Am I the only one who found the listening really easy?

I could not hear the recording at all. I think I should have told the invigilators.
Original post by 1998fk
I could not hear the recording at all. I think I should have told the invigilators.

We got moved to a theatre because our sports hall is so bad for sound, we couldn't hear in the mock
Reply 24
Original post by JRS123
i said c aswell- hopefully right

Hello
Have you seen any unofficial mark scheme for the french reading paper?
Do you remember the answer of the question " state an advantage of brittany?" I think it was something similar.
Reply 25
Original post by jhuk510
We got moved to a theatre because our sports hall is so bad for sound, we couldn't hear in the mock

Lucky you. I am so annoyed I think I have ended up with a U, I wanted to get at least a D.
Hang on did Enzo walk to Paris? Or was that just me? I thought they lost him before they went to Paris... And that he walked there. Now I realise that was probably wrong...
Hahaha Enzo the cat
For the last question I got C
and anyway up to discuss the A* questions the listening?!
Original post by Ara8311a
Hang on did Enzo walk to Paris? Or was that just me? I thought they lost him before they went to Paris... And that he walked there. Now I realise that was probably wrong...

Yeah I thought they lost him before going to Paris and then he came and worked all that way,,, You aren't the only one! :smile:
[QUOTE=stressedoutt;64893031]Hahaha Enzo the cat
For the last question I got C
and anyway up to discuss the A* questions the listening?!

The survey one?
Original post by jhuk510

What answers did you get for the A* listening question?
Did you get :
14-15 years old
They spend most of their free time in their rooms
Smartphones are becoming more popular than the TV
Girls prefer cultural and artistic activites

Not sure for the part 2:
Children said they prefer to watch sporting competitions on TV and They don't have enough space to do their PE lessons?
And choice of sports is influenced by the pleasure they get
And choice of sports is influenced by their friends

I feel like my answers weren't specific now and I feel I may loose out now...I am so worried :frown:
Original post by lyd_kate
The survey one?

Yeah what were the answers?
I posted them in the other post have a look!
Original post by stressedoutt
Yeah I thought they lost him before going to Paris and then he came and worked all that way,,, You aren't the only one! :smile:

Yay I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

Did you get :
14-15 years old

Not sure for the part 2:
Children said they prefer to watch sporting competitions on TV and They don't have enough space to do their PE lessons?

I feel like my answers weren't specific now and I feel I may loose out now...I am so worried :frown:

I said 14-15
They spend most of their time in their bedrooms
They watch tv on their smartphones ( a guess)
Cultural and artistic activities.

Part 2
They prefer not to do competitions and they like to spend time with their friends (don't know how I phrased this..)
Influenced by friends and fun
Reply 33
Did you get :
14-15 years old

Not sure for the part 2:

Hey! I found the listening decent - not TOO hard but not too easy either so... Idk but, my answers for part 2 were:

I got that they said...
They prefer to watch TV (though I'm sure I wasn't specific enough as you were)
They have to do sport at school

Also, I got that they are influenced by...
Whether it is a social activity
Sports that can motivate them

Idk if these are right but I'm hoping someone will post a mark scheme! I'm dying to know if I'll get an A* overall. I'm hoping for a minimum of a B in the listening.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=stressedoutt;64893637]Yeah what were the answers?
I posted them in the other post have a look!

I put pretty much the same as you except I didn't mention having enough space for pe and I put social media and friends for the last one (that was a guess)
Original post by lyd_kate
I put pretty much the same as you except I didn't mention having enough space for pe and I put social media and friends for the last one (that was a guess)

Good guess! :smile:
Hey if anyone remembers the reading, does of any you remember that grandparents answers passage: like for example:
It said who wasn't allowed to do the water sports
Now I said that the brother wasn't allowed------ when they were looking for a general answer
I think the answer was you have to be at least 14 yrs old and swim well
I still mentioned being able to swim well, will I get one mark at least?

And she wants to come back the following year and be more independent, and spend less time with her family?
(edited 7 years ago)
[QUOTE=stressedoutt;64895365]Hey if anyone remembers the reading, does of any you remember that grandparents answers passage: like for example:
It said who wasn't allowed to do the water sports
Now I said that the brother wasn't allowed------ when they were looking for a general answer
I think the answer was you have to be at least 14 yrs old and swim well
I still mentioned being able to swim well, will I get one mark at least?

And she wants to come back the following year and be more independent, and spend less time with her family?

Yeah I think you'll get at least one mark. Remember there are several accepted always so you may get 2.

I put the same as you for the following year question.

Did you put that the grandparents cooked?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 38
Did you get :
14-15 years old

Not sure for the part 2:

Omg!! I had the exact same answers as you!! Except like 2 in the last question...but knowing that someone else got the same answers as me in majority of the questions makes me feel relaxed. Thanks
Original post by ~Lily~
Omg!! I had the exact same answers as you!! Except like 2 in the last question...but knowing that someone else got the same answers as me in majority of the questions makes me feel relaxed. Thanks

Aww haha np! :smile: lets hope we are both right!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending