The Student Room Group

Has anyone got the predictions for the As Core 1 maths paper for tomorrow?

Really struggling to revise for maths does anyone have anything that can help?? Thank you <3

Scroll to see replies

Its not like GCSE where you can predict lol. Pretty much every topic will come up.
Reply 2
Can never be sure but check the proof for the sum of n terms - hasn't come up in around 3 years.
I second the proof of the sum of an arithmetic series. Other than that the best thing you can do is do as many past papers as you can and anything you struggle with or can't do, go over it in the textbook or your notes then do practice questions for that area so you're comfortable with it.
What other proof other than the sum of the arithmetic sequence do i need to know ? asap :P <3
hello people good luck with the exam tommorow. just looked through the last 6 years papers for core 1 and its looking very likely the proof will come up, so revise it and memorise it also i hv a bad feeling about a nasty graph so revise the k/x graphs aswell. i was struggling with this question(part b, u hv to equal it to 10 but i dont know how on earth u can solve that ugly looking thing), can anyone help?
Original post by KappaRoss
What other proof other than the sum of the arithmetic sequence do i need to know ? asap :P <3

i think thats the only formula in core 1 so that will be the only proof.
Original post by masuma23
Really struggling to revise for maths does anyone have anything that can help?? Thank you <3

physics and maths tutor, do the gold paper question they are some pretty good questions to test ur knowledge to see that ur ready, try them NOW
Reply 8
Oaky thank you so much :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by alldayniqqa
Its not like GCSE where you can predict lol. Pretty much every topic will come up.

Okay, i was just asking.
Okay, i was just asking.

Are you doing your C1 tomorrow?
what about asymptotes and their graphs?? Any chance of them coming up??
Original post by OneandOnly123
hello people good luck with the exam tommorow. just looked through the last 6 years papers for core 1 and its looking very likely the proof will come up, so revise it and memorise it also i hv a bad feeling about a nasty graph so revise the k/x graphs aswell. i was struggling with this question(part b, u hv to equal it to 10 but i dont know how on earth u can solve that ugly looking thing), can anyone help?

here's the answer, hope the working out is clear :smile: feel free to ask if you're still unsure
MAFFS.jpg
image.jpgHere's the working for this question
What exam board are you guys talking about?

see attached image, cant seem to find the answer to part b)
Original post by ilikesweets
here's the answer, hope the working out is clear :smile: feel free to ask if you're still unsure
MAFFS.jpg

my people unah thank u so much good luck for 2moro

Pretty much the gold papers like someone suggested

in any case GL all, i hope the C1 won't be too difficult xD
Proof of arithmetic series?
U dont do arithmetic series in ocr core 1 lol.Probably edexcel i gues...
Original post by adso222
Can never be sure but check the proof for the sum of n terms - hasn't come up in around 3 years.

10 years*

Quick Reply

Latest