The Student Room Group

Higher History 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alex5023
Hi, i know this is a Higher thread but there is still no nat 5 history thread.

Quick question: Were the Rent Strikes part of the Red Clydeside?

Nope.
Reply 21
Does anyone have any idea how likely its for the Munich Agreement (Appeasement) or the Effects of the Liberal reforms (Britain) to come up in this years exam?
Reply 22
Original post by CitrusConfusion
Total, we were taught 8 essays.
I was taught 8 essays as well and i think revision is quite stressful but ive done like crib notes with intros and conclusions and points which included A+ A K Aand E
Original post by Sam2410
Does anyone have any idea how likely its for the Munich Agreement (Appeasement) or the Effects of the Liberal reforms (Britain) to come up in this years exam?

success of liberal reforms came up last year so not likely , reasons for liberal reforms will most likely come up , not sure about Munich though

Posted from TSR Mobile
What kind of predictions do people have for the exam? I'm doing Migration & Empire, The Making of Modern Britain and also Germany.

For Britain, I really hope there will be a reasons for Liberal Reforms question or a success of Liberal Reforms question.

And for Germany, I really hope there is at least one Nazi question because I find the German nationalism stuff quite dull, and so haven't written many practice essays on it.

And for Migration and Empire, if the how fully question was on reasons for Migration/ emigration I would be so so so happy, but it will probably be on something else since it was that last year
Hello fellow Higher historians.

Not sure how you can predict which essays will come up considering they're entirely randomised by the SQA. It's just as possible that the same topics as last year come up as it is for us to get completely different ones.

I'm studying: The French Revolution, Medieval Britain and The Scottish Reformation,which might just be the most random selection ever, but I guess that's what happens when the teacher lets us choose our own topics (pretty sure we just went for the ones with the most gore).

I'm revising four essays for each essay topic (hopefully I'm not forced into a situation where I only have one to choose from) and basically just making lists for the Scottish topic (reasons for the reformation, impacts of the reformation) given that tends to be how you get the "own knowledge" marks in the source questions.
the sqa aren't going to put topics that have came up several times in a row or come up alot , so you can cancel a few essays out , its not certain but gives you a rough guide on what to study

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
in terms of trying to predict i wouldn't recommend it because the geography exam missed out more than 50% of the course so..
Reply 28
So what is everyone's prefered way of revising and studying? do you just write essays or attempt to memorise Ku and A points?
Original post by Sam2410
So what is everyone's prefered way of revising and studying? do you just write essays or attempt to memorise Ku and A points?

Memorise ku and a points, along with introduction, then you're usually at a low A (14/20) :smile:
Original post by Sam2410

To me I just write out essay plans and try to memorise them roughly :smile:
Original post by Sam2410

Go over notes, making essay plans and then remembering the essay plans.
Original post by Shane7
I need to learn 8 essays however can you not get away with learning only 6? Because if the 2 you don't know come up then you always have a choice right?

My predictions of the topics I've studied are:

British: Votes for Women OR Success of the Liberal Reforms

German: Rise of the Nazis OR Obstacles to German Unification

Good luck everyone when the 20th comes, hope you all do well.

Original post by fabstrawberry
I also have to learn 8 essays and haven't even started the German topics yet, just British. And nothing is going in.
Would it be safe to only learn 6, 3 from each topic or is that a no? Brain just isn't taking all the info in, especially about democracy in Britain :frown:

No guys you have to learn 8 essays- 4 from each topic. You choose one essay to do from a choice of 3, if you only learn 3 essays then the three that you have not learned could come up as each topic is divided into 6 parts/sections (ie there are 6 possible questions it could be!!)

I have been taught 12 essays in total as my teacher has taught us all of the sections but I am only learning 8 in total probably as that way I know that at least one of mine will come up! X
Exactly worst case scenario for us is that we only have the option of one essay from each section.
Does anyone know what will come up in the USA topic or Britain
I'm hoping for Great Depression essay for USA and women's vote for Britain

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nicola98

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm quite sure the women's suffrage essay will come up along with a Liberal essay for Britain. I wish I was doing the USA for my other topic, lucky you.
Original post by CitrusConfusion
I'm quite sure the women's suffrage essay will come up along with a Liberal essay for Britain. I wish I was doing the USA for my other topic, lucky you.

What liberal essay, the motives for reforms?
I hate the USA topic, it's so boring

Posted from TSR Mobile
What liberal essay, the motives for reforms?
I hate the USA topic, it's so boring

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm thinking motives for reforms. Really? The USA topic boring? It has to be better than Germany. German nationalism is really dull.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Suffrage movement within The Britain topic comes up with the Great Depression. So if it comes up your set! I'm also hoping for Women but it would be great if Immigration came up!
How do you do analysis plus and evaluation? It's so confusing, I don't understand exactly what it has to have. Trying to write a civil war essay for russia at the moment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending