The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology PSYB1 16th May 2016

Did anyone else do this paper today? Im doing A2s and retook this paper today and was wondering what other people thought of it. I though it went reasonably well but I wasn't too keen on the research methods section. Any opinions?
Reply 1
Original post by allexxz
Did anyone else do this paper today? Im doing A2s and retook this paper today and was wondering what other people thought of it. I though it went reasonably well but I wasn't too keen on the research methods section. Any opinions?

I am also retaking and did this paper. I good the first section slightly strange as it wasn't really on research methods, the graph particularly confused me. What type of graph did you do?
i did a scatter graph with a line of best fit, what study did you use for the sex role stereotyping question? do you think the Martin and Halverson study will be ok?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kellybooth122
i did a scatter graph with a line of best fit, what study did you use for the sex role stereotyping question? do you think the Martin and Halverson study will be ok?

A lot of my friends wrote about mead's cross cultural study for that one. I wrote about the babies and their mothers, with the mothers only encouraging sex-typed behavior.

I'm sure the mark scheme will consist of a list of studies that all have some sort of link to sex-role stereotyping; as long as you explained it I'm sure it'll be fine :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by MatWhiteside
A lot of my friends wrote about mead's cross cultural study for that one. I wrote about the babies and their mothers, with the mothers only encouraging sex-typed behavior.

I'm sure the mark scheme will consist of a list of studies that all have some sort of link to sex-role stereotyping; as long as you explained it I'm sure it'll be fine :smile:

I did Furnham & Farragher. How did you find the essays?
Original post by bharp
I did Furnham & Farragher. How did you find the essays?

I thought they were quite nice! Struggled for AO1 points to start off with as I'm used to the 4/8 structure instead of 5/5 - It's surprisingly hard to think of one extra AO1 point! But I got there in the end :smile:

How about you?
I surprisingly liked this paper
The essays were god-sent with the psychodynamic approach and biological explanation for gender

Original post by bharp
I am also retaking and did this paper. I good the first section slightly strange as it wasn't really on research methods, the graph particularly confused me. What type of graph did you do?

I did a bar graph, do you think that's okay?
And yeah the whole graph being in the first section threw me off too

Hopefully we've all passed :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IGotThePower
I surprisingly liked this paper
The essays were god-sent with the psychodynamic approach and biological explanation for gender

I did a bar graph, do you think that's okay?
And yeah the whole graph being in the first section threw me off too

Hopefully we've all passed :biggrin:

I'm not too sure about a bar chart for the graph question... Only reason I say that is becuause of the negative correlation the results produced. But you never know! It might be under the accept section in the mark scheme, have to hope for a kind marker! :smile:
I'm not too sure about a bar chart for the graph question... Only reason I say that is becuause of the negative correlation the results produced. But you never know! It might be under the accept section in the mark scheme, have to hope for a kind marker! :smile:

Oh God, I hope so!

How are you feeling about units 3 and 4?
Reply 9
Oh God, I hope so!

I hate unit 4, particularly debates, I find it so hard to bring everything in! How about you?
Oh God, I hope so!

Unit 3 I'm doing a lot for at the moment, forgotten quite a bit. Unit 4 we're already half way through the revision thanks to unit 1 revision!

I do need to focus on the "Two limitations of..." And the eclectic approach essays for unit 4 though.

How about you? :smile:
Original post by bharp
I hate unit 4, particularly debates, I find it so hard to bring everything in! How about you?

Yeah unit 4 sucks in general. I'm really struggling with research methods in particular, especially since my teacher has barely gone over it :/

Unit 3 I'm doing a lot for at the moment, forgotten quite a bit. Unit 4 we're already half way through the revision thanks to unit 1 revision!

I do need to focus on the "Two limitations of..." And the eclectic approach essays for unit 4 though.

How about you? :smile:

Aww that's good! I feel like Unit 1 has definitely helped in terms of approaches
I love the eclectic approach, I fell like it combines all the best parts of each approach which makes it easier to remember

Good luck with your revising guys! :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by allexxz

I agree with research methods it was really weird, no hypothesis or experimental design???? And thought the essays were really nice but the gender short questions were dodgy :frown:
Reply 13
Yeah unit 4 sucks in general. I'm really struggling with research methods in particular, especially since my teacher has barely gone over it :/

Aww that's good! I feel like Unit 1 has definitely helped in terms of approaches
I love the eclectic approach, I fell like it combines all the best parts of each approach which makes it easier to remember

Good luck with your revising guys! :biggrin:

I don't know the eclectic approach at all!!! Hate psyb4 so muck :frown: and psyb3 is alright - what topics does everyone do?? I do forensics, child development and cognition and law.
Also is anyone resitting psyb2 on Monday?? It's been such a chore to learn it all again
Original post by charsid
I don't know the eclectic approach at all!!! Hate psyb4 so muck :frown: and psyb3 is alright - what topics does everyone do?? I do forensics, child development and cognition and law.
Also is anyone resitting psyb2 on Monday?? It's been such a chore to learn it all again

Child development, mood disorders, schizophrenia and substance abuse :smile:
Reply 15
Child development, mood disorders, schizophrenia and substance abuse :smile:

That sounds so much more interesting!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending