The Student Room Group

Edexcel BIOLOGY B1 paper

Opinions??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it was ok i put the stupid mistake of not adding the "fixing" to the nitrate cycle words and i also had a mind block and i forgot that plants need ammonia.On the final 6 mark question i think i forgot one of the ways of natural selection and did we need an example?
Reply 2
Original post by 16barber
it was ok i put the stupid mistake of not adding the "fixing" to the nitrate cycle words and i also had a mind block and i forgot that plants need ammonia.On the final 6 mark question i think i forgot one of the ways of natural selection and did we need an example?

I'm not sure but I gave an example about the dodo becoming extinct
Reply 3
Original post by PolishTosser

i think I'm looking at an A as i messed up them 3 questions , i guess thats still ok , how about yourself?
Think I did really well, almost got tricked by the question asking about the growth over 4 weeks which asked us to calculate growth every week!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
i think I'm looking at an A as i messed up them 3 questions , i guess thats still ok , how about yourself?

I need an A to get where I need to go, already got an A* on my controlled assessment, I'm praying
Reply 6
Original post by Cameronkirkbride
Think I did really well, almost got tricked by the question asking about the growth over 4 weeks which asked us to calculate growth every week!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get 6.5? Took me a while to understand that question
Yeah did you get the 14.5 - 8 = 6.5??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Did you get 6.5? Took me a while to understand that question

i think so , ,it was divide the mean by 4 and then subtracting from each other I'm pretty sure i got that not 100% sure though
Reply 9
i think so , ,it was divide the mean by 4 and then subtracting from each other I'm pretty sure i got that not 100% sure though

Yeah, that's what my friends and I put

I put the one about the short and long neck giraffe
You don't need to make every point I don't think as in the mark scheme there are more points than you need to make so you could still be in with a chance of getting all the marks :-)
Original post by no_more_stress
I put the one about the short and long neck giraffe

will i lose marks? and if so how much?
will i lose marks? and if so how much?

You don't lose marks for getting a point wrong you just need to put other correct stuff to get the marks
I think anyway
Are there any unofficial mark schemes?
Original post by Kira-mai
You don't lose marks for getting a point wrong you just need to put other correct stuff to get the marks
I think anyway

sadly i think i have 5 marks as i may of missed out of of the natural selection techniques oh well its one marks and I'm getting myself super stressed over it , chemistry next!
sadly i think i have 5 marks as i may of missed out of of the natural selection techniques oh well its one marks and I'm getting myself super stressed over it , chemistry next!

you ready for chemistry? got a whole day to revise tomorrow.. should ace the exam on Thursday. I'm headed for an A* :smile:
Original post by Cameronkirkbride

Posted from TSR Mobile

the answer was 6.5 right?
Well the exam was easy and I think I will probably get A* on the paper... but the thing is on my coursework/controlled assessment whatever I got B (1 mark off an A)... anyone got any idea what marks I need to get out of 60 on the exam to push up my grade to an A*?
Reply 19

a lot of people mentioned speciation.
Was that a must? I didn't include it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending