The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nathan Emmings
What I think the Grade boundaries will be after some consideration and looking around at past reports ect ect..
13=D
20=C
28/29=B
37=A
48=A*
What are people thinking?

Like that, but the A* at 45 not 48. Because there will be some marks in that paper that very few people get.
Original post by Nathan Emmings
What I think the Grade boundaries will be after some consideration and looking around at past reports ect ect..
13=D
20=C
28/29=B
37=A
48=A*
What are people thinking?

Like that, but the A* at 45 not 48. Because there will be some marks in that paper that very few people get.
What did anyone get for the question about: the first statements is incorrect
And the statement was like: mosquito larvae are at the bottom of the food chain for fish
Original post by Lgiff23
And the statement was like: mosquito larvae are at the bottom of the food chain for fish

Because the first step in the food chain is always a producer not a consumer.... Gotta be a plant in there somewhere
People keep looking fo answers when I offered to send an unofficial mark scheme (about 30 pages ago)

Original post by Nik123Efimov
Guys , I put a whole mark scheme together. If u want it send me a whatsapp or tweet me. +447712123002. Or @PlaysNik Btw check out #aqabiology
Original post by Lgiff23

i put something to do with them needing to eat plants and plants needing sun...
Original post by mohamed2024
they're species so it might be accepted

hopefully!
Original post by Modern Sappho
I believe the hypothesis was not valid as they only surveyed 100 or so people in one age group (15) so it was not representative and they therefore couldn't generalise but I could be wrong :/

sounds about right, i wish id put that but i think i wrote "girls drink alcohol as well" then at the end managed to scribble small sample size or something like that but who knows?
Original post by Cirsium
Because the first step in the food chain is always a producer not a consumer.... Gotta be a plant in there somewhere

don't forget the sun! ...
Reply 1129
i got 80/60 x 100 = 1.6%
Original post by Haashym
15%

wrong 0.6%
Is Lichen wrong then for last question?
suprise me if the examiners can really mark the papers!!! When they don't put the right information in revsion text books #aqa #science #b1
Original post by studentshavefun

I'm guessing so, since it isn't an animal. Didn't stop me from putting that down though 😂
Original post by lokijij
wrong 0.6%

Wrong 0.7% because 0.666 rounds to 0.7 not 0.6
Original post by Georgiabennett
suprise me if the examiners can really mark the papers!!! When they don't put the right information in revsion text books #aqa #science #b1

The only thing I can think of that isn't referenced in the spec anyway is the independent company question, which given you should know the meaning of the word independent (e.g. independent variable, independent event) could even be said to be in there at a stretch. Nobody's gonna have any trouble marking this paper.
Someone has shared this with me on Twitter - I hope this is the case for all of you :console:

"Where specific questions don't work as intended exam boards often exclude them so they don't affect final grade calculations. Statistical evidence will reveal whether any question can be regarded as a 'fair test' of knowledge (or not!)"
Reply 1137
Original post by ASSISTER
sounds about right, i wish id put that but i think i wrote "girls drink alcohol as well" then at the end managed to scribble small sample size or something like that but who knows?

I put that none of the bars showed that 100% of boys consumed any of the drinks :// anyone say the same?
Original post by studentshavefun

Yep. First bit asked you for an animal species, and the very very last bit asked you for a different way to survey the same thing. Since lichens detect air pollution and inverts detect water pollution, you won't be able to use them for the same thing.
Original post by yogib2000
apparently its 19 to get a C, so it would be less for an A* too. i guess about 30 +

Nope. Never.atleast 45+ for an A*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending