The Student Room Group

Petition for AQA Biology to lower grade boundaries 2016

So, if any of you did the AQA Higher B1 paper today, you'll probably get where I'm coming from. So many questions weren't specification based and there were waaay too many application questions. They missed out like half the topics too.

Here's a petition and all you have to do is sign it to help get 5000 signs so AQA lower the boundaries for that exam because of the unfairness. Even if you didn't do the exam, or found the exam easy or whatever, every sign helps xD

Do it for the A*s we all know we deserve :biggrin:

https://www.change.org/p/aqa-lower-the-grade-boundaries-for-aqa-biology-2016-examination?recruiter=543331040&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_page&utm_term=mob-xs-no_src-custom_msg&recuruit_context=fb_share_mention_variant&fb_ref=Default
If all you GCSE bois have done crap the grade boundaries will be low anyway, this petition is pointless.
Reply 2
You wish!!
these are made every year and every year without fail the exam board says theres nothing wrong you've all done as expected
Reply 4
Original post by Retired_Messiah
If all you GCSE bois have done crap the grade boundaries will be low anyway, this petition is pointless.

The boundaries last year weren't low and that exam was pretty hard. Also, can't hurt to try.
See herein lies the problem...

Not everyone deserves an A* as you have stated in your OP as harsh as that sounds, grade boundaries are calculated so that the correct proportions of students get each grade nationwide, therefore a certain number have to get B's, A's etc because if everyone got the same then grades by their very nature would be pointless.
It may have been an unfair paper i don't know because i sat GCSEs last year but if it truly was unfair then they will alter the grade boundaries as such that if you truly are an A* student and gave an A* performance then you will get that grade petition or no petition

just what i think anyway..
carry on lol
Reply 6
well majority of the people from my school found the b1 paper easy so idrk but its all down to how the majority of you lot did on the paper, they'll decide it based on the average mark people got.
Original post by rheaj44
The boundaries last year weren't low and that exam was pretty hard.

Might've been hard, but did people fail tho?

EDIT: What am I saying I did last year's exams. Got an A in Biology lmao
There will be the same amount of A*s, As, Bs, Us etc. If the entire country did as bad as people are making it out to be, then boundaries will be lowered.

You will get the grade you deserve.
the petition is going well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest