The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

can a white blood cell come and engulf me please
Original post by Sint
I put that none of the bars showed that 100% of boys consumed any of the drinks :// anyone say the same?

Sounds good to me. At least 88% drink but you can't specify more than that.
Original post by AhmarIT
Nope. Never.atleast 45+ for an A*

If you want to be really depressed look up the 2012 grade boundaries ;-) (First year of the spec, nobody had a clue what was going on etc etc)
Original post by Sint
I put that none of the bars showed that 100% of boys consumed any of the drinks :// anyone say the same?

me too
What grade would you guys say is 45-50 out of 60?
Original post by Cirsium
Sounds good to me. At least 88% drink but you can't specify more than that.

I added all percentage and divided by 400, and it gave me something like 64%. then it minues it from 100 and proved that some people didnt ddrink anything.
I'm so dumb, I got the percentage question wrong as I divided the other way round ;(
Original post by dangerouswoman
And, pray tell, what's wrong with 51 marks? That's either an A* or an A for sure. You should be happy, I reckon most of us have got Cs or less. :cry:

The thing is that the questions didn't really require biology knowledge, so i think the grade bounderies will be pretty high. Like think about it, the Alcoholic 15 years old ? Independent companies ?
Original post by krystal16
What grade would you guys say is 45-50 out of 60?

Secure A*
Reply 1149
Original post by M451
0.67% I'm pretty sure

yup got that too.
felt way too easy so i thought there must be some trick?

._.
Original post by Rim_Taidan
The thing is that the questions didn't really require biology knowledge, so i think the grade bounderies will be pretty high. Like think about it, the Alcoholic 15 years old ? Independent companies ?

There's always application and maths based content. The maths demand of this paper was a notch higher than previous years, but it's always 10% ish of the whole paper.
For the question on what animal is an indicator, i put the peppered moth. would that be right?
Original post by Cirsium
If you want to be really depressed look up the 2012 grade boundaries ;-) (First year of the spec, nobody had a clue what was going on etc etc)

Yes, but as you said, that was the first paper of the spec, and no one had a clue to what is going on. That is why the grade boundaries were lower. they rose instantly the year after, dont u think?
Original post by dangerouswoman
I know right.. was thinking the same thing, wth is wrong with 51 marks?! If anything, less than 25-30 should be something to cry about.

dont think that is an A*, and i really need that A* in biology. Also scared for the other science exams :'(
Original post by Cirsium
There's always application and maths based content. The maths demand of this paper was a notch higher than previous years, but it's always 10% ish of the whole paper.

What even was so hard about the 15yo alcoholic drinkers? I thought it was starightforward
ahhh why am I quoting the wrong person what is going on!!! I am a newbie to the TSR lol.
(edited 7 years ago)
What grade would 36/60 be ?
Original post by AhmarIT
Yes, but as you said, that was the first paper of the spec, and no one had a clue to what is going on. That is why the grade boundaries were lower. they rose instantly the year after, dont u think?

Yeah I know. It just amuses me. Imagine flunking half the paper and still getting an A*!
Original post by AhmarIT
What even was so hard about the 15yo alcoholic drinkers? I thought it was starightforward

Nothing hard about it. Just people freaking out cos it makes a good headline. Alcohol is in the spec, as is drug testing
Original post by habeeb_00
Really? Isn't that an organ on the head so it's controlled by the brain??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was about to say that - anything that's on the head is controlled by the brain so I'm afraid it's wrong
Reply 1159
What did people put for why the 50million years old horse had feet that were well-adapted for its environment? I put large surface area so it wouldn't sink but crossed it out because the question specifically said why is it good that it has lots of joints, or would this still be correct?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending