The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS History Unit 1 Option D resit - 18th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

How far do you agree that the Black Power movement hindered the civil rights movement in the 1960s?
need help please!!!!
Reply 121
im doing russia in revolution and stalins russia anyone have any idea about predictions ?
is anyone doing russia and stalin.... ahh panicking now :frown:
does anyone have any memorisation techniques for the hard names we need to remember in the russian revolution and stalin,
Think you quoted the wrong person lol
How likely is water gate for D7?
How far do you agree that the Black Power movement hindered the civil rights movement in the 1960s?

need help please!!!!
:frown:
What do you think would most likely come up? I'm so nervous :frown:
Original post by yaniw
im doing russia in revolution and stalins russia anyone have any idea about predictions ?
Original post by zikra98
need help please!!!!

Paragraph about how they hindered: Radicalised SNCC + CORE; Use of Violence (Watts Riots), Lost support of white liberals (and their money); take of separatism

Paragraph about how they helped: Focused around social improvement; BPP patrol the pigs (educated African Americans on their rights), Cultural changes (Afro, Uhura, Music, TV, Film); you may even be able to argue that it pushed white support to MLK

Conclusion- Helped Social De Facto change and helped improve economic status, but hindered the work achieved by MLK
Original post by Masterbob
What do you think would most likely come up? I'm so nervous :frown:

For Stalins Russia I am hoping WAR
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh :frown:

What time does your exam start? I'm leaving at 11:30 just to make sure that I am early....
Reply 131
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh :frown:

What time does your exam start? I'm leaving at 11:30 just to make sure that I am early....

mine starts at 1.30! good luck :smile:
Why do you guys think will come up in Russia in Revolution, 1881–1924: From Autocracy to Dictatorship?

Bolsheviks?
(edited 7 years ago)
My teachers suggested to me being confident in
Civil Rights
Factors of change and key events 55-68
Black Power movement Cold War: Role of each President in Vietnam Reasons for involvement in Korea Consequences of Korean and Vietnam war
Praise be to Jesus; that exam wasn't too bad. Russia in Revolution and USA in Asia were my two topics.

I did the opposition to Tsarism question, easy arguments. Disunity of opposition, economic reform, appeasement by the Tsar (October Manifesto). Anyone else think of any other arguments for that?

Then I did the why did Johnson and Kennedy failure to achieve complete victory in Vietnam. Inefficient US tactics, Superior Communist tactics, loss of public support, loss of congressional support. This was the weaker of my two essays, not as strong as an argument. Again, can anyone else think of any other points?

I just hope this improves on my atrocious E from last year. :biggrin: At least I revised and wasn't under the influence for this one lol.
WHO DID CIVIL RIGHTS AND VIETNAM?

Civil rights I did the first question on the 1945-57 period, my paragraphs were:
1) Impact of WW2
2) Role of the Supreme Court
3) Civil rights groups

Missed out presidential action and didn't talk about little rock 😒

The Vietnam question threw me off, the reasons for withdrawal and reasons for defeat that I have been revising was not wholly relevant, made a total hash of the structure with asterisks and whatnot lol. My points were:

1) Public opposition affected Johnson, and Nixon because the had to change policy to exiting for the war.
2) Congressional opposition stopped Nixon from winning the war.
3) Failure of US/ Johnsons tactics which meant they could win the hearts and minds.

I think I did well but not as well as I should have..
(edited 7 years ago)
I did the Second World War question I wrote
I believed that the Second World War helped improve the Taatus of African American to a minimal extend as it did nothing to end de jure segregation and did minimal to end facto segregation however for the first time black people started to get respected because of their efforts in the war. None the less it was the federal government and mos importantly early civil rights campaign that changed the status of black Americans to a great extent.

I couldn't remember much points about war so I talked about woodrow crocket as a hero the great migration, which helped decrease unemployment increase by 2% place voting however black Americans were still earning less than whites and talked about the fight against racism in Europe was also about fight in America double v sign

1945-57 saw a significant amount of dejure cchange( I forgot the question had responsible in it so went through it without saying responsible lol but instead said had greatest impact) Morgan v Virginia l, smith v alright and most significantly brown case which turned the plessy v Ferguson ruling around as ' separate did not always mean equal it outlawed segregation int the education system which had a great impact on the improvement of status for block people however de jure change did not always lead to defacto change as seen journey of reconciliation( explained it) actions of Truman also helped inporvement secure the rights desegregating the army ect however many recommendations not carried out how ever was revolutionary at that time
Early civil rights campaign most important showed effective coupling of legal action and protest as seen in little rock which forced risenhower to intervene and uphold law by sending national guard also talked about 1957 civil rights act.
Do you think this was enough also went in to depth though??
I'm sure Supreme Court presidential action goes under federal action?
I also did politics president and society the Reagan question.
Russia in Revolution and Stalin's Russia were great questions. I did Bolshevik survival and power struggle, which both came up last year. So surprised half of the questions were the same though, but I'm not complaining :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending