The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AhmarIT
foundation right?

no higher!
Does anyone have any gooood predictions or leaked questions for my c1 on Thursday
Reply 1202
Original post by EmmaC.
it would probably be more like 45 - 52; sorry to drown your feelings

I doubt it would be anything near 52 to be honest, your not drowning my feelings with an unrealistic prediction, 45 is believable though
I personally think that this year, A* will be 41/60. Here are my reasons:

In June 2012, A* was 39/60. Some people may say that it was because it was a new spec. However, in June 2014, A* was 44.
Given that today's exam was possibly the hardest ever in the series, I think A* being 41/60 a pretty good prediction
Original post by _Xenon_
for Q9 would you get the mark for saying more precise?

I reckon they shouldn't let you have it because digital thermometers exist, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did include it in the markscheme anyway. Fingers crossed!
Original post by habeeb_00
I got 0.666 whoops for the malaria one

Posted from TSR Mobile

I swear that was right because it was 2x10^6/3x10^8 x 100 or am I missing something?
Original post by Yahye dlx
Does anyone have any gooood predictions or leaked questions for my c1 on Thursday

balancing equations is quite common
Original post by ETAE
I doubt it would be anything near 52 to be honest, your not drowning my feelings with an unrealistic prediction, 45 is believable though

ok its just what i have heard
Original post by Cirsium
I reckon they shouldn't let you have it because digital thermometers exist, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did include it in the markscheme anyway. Fingers crossed!

i got 22/60 then what grade is it? :/
Original post by saad.ash
I personally think that this year, A* will be 41/60. Here are my reasons:

In June 2012, A* was 39/60. Some people may say that it was because it was a new spec. However, in June 2014, A* was 44.
Given that today's exam was possibly the hardest ever in the series, I think A* being 41/60 a pretty good prediction

Firstly, June 2012 it was not 39. It was 26 (Yes, I know!!)
Secondly, absolutely no way that this year's paper is the hardest ever. June 2012 is nasty, and January 2013 was an absolute bastard.
41 is really low given the last 3 years have been 45, 44 and 47
Original post by Tompicko22
Can anyone tell me what they put for the question about decaying grass and carbon dioxide? :s-smilie: I literally said the decaying grass releases carbon that gets trapped inside of the vacuum flask.

You'll probs get a good few marks for that - I think you also had to say about how the microorganisms that decay the grass respire which produces CO2
i said that rats are indicators of polluted water such as sewage.. then i went on to mention mayfly larvae, would i get the mark for 'rat'???? PLEASE help
I know I lost the mark on the indicator question and the 0.666 I didn't realise it asked for a percentage so I didn't multiply by 100 lol. Turns out I can't read but other than that I may have lost 1 mark on the horse question and one on the microorganism decay. That's about it, the rest was pretty easy, should get 50+
Original post by _Xenon_
i got 22/60 then what grade is it? :/

Grade boundaries aren't agreed until after all the papers are marked. Nobody knows.
Original post by Sint
I'm pretty sure the answer was about the primary consumer being a plant in all food chains, so it couldn't be a mosquito

Thank you :smile:
Original post by studentshavefun
What grade would 36/60 be ?

Im thinking a B grade
Original post by haarithiop
I know I lost the mark on the indicator question and the 0.666 I didn't realise it asked for a percentage so I didn't multiply by 100 lol. Turns out I can't read but other than that I may have lost 1 mark on the horse question and one on the microorganism decay. That's about it, the rest was pretty easy, should get 50+

Umm if you put 0.66 then you did x100 or else you'd have got 0.0066! All the people saying 67% are wrong :p:
At least June 2012 has a lot of the spec on it
What would 32/60 be?
Original post by Cirsium
Grade boundaries aren't agreed until after all the papers are marked. Nobody knows.

i mean what grade roughly looking at other years

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending