The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Xenon_
If I get As in B2 & B3 what grade am I looking at roughly considering I got 38/50 in my biology ISA, got roughly 22 marks on this exam. :/

probably a B
Original post by marinadiamandis
For the how are the horses feet well adapted or w/e, i put that they can still run fast even in swampy, muddy areas away from predators

I also put on the snail and the thrush question that less energy is lost since snails move slowly which means less energy is lost in respiration through movement..

Did anyone else write these? :frown:

I wrote about snails not using much energy because they are slow, but i think the answer is that they dont have any bones so all of the animal can be eaten
a synapse is a junction betweet two neurones why is everyone sayng its wrong?? stop scaring me omg
Original post by _Xenon_
If I get As in B2 & B3 what grade am I looking at roughly considering I got 38/50 in my biology ISA, got roughly 22 marks on this exam. :/

Okay so the whole thing is worked out on UMS not grades - i.e. it doesn't matter if you got an A, it matters what kind of A.

Let's say you get 2 bang-through-the-middle As, and you get given 85 UMS for each paper. Then your ISA gets you a middle B (based on last year's grade boundaries) whichis 75. If the boundary for a C is 22 then you get 60 for this exam.

85 + 85 + 75 + 60 = 305, which is a B grade (need 280 for a B, 320 for an A, 360 for an A*)
Original post by sabrina235
a synapse is a junction betweet two neurones why is everyone sayng its wrong?? stop scaring me omg
You're not wrong. That's a beautiful answer.
Original post by sabrina235

A synapse is a microscopic gap that connects two neurones that passes on nervous impulses
Original post by haarithiop
oops made a mistake in writing that, I got 0.0067 and didn't times by 100

For % ones they usually give you 1 out of the 2 marks if you forget to convert from decimal to % so hopefully you'll still get 1! (That's why it's a 2 mark question)
Original post by _Xenon_
did u show working out

yeah i did lol, i'm good at maths - just can't read
For the one about GM I think you would have to put about how enzymes are used to join it back together.
Original post by Cirsium
Okay so the whole thing is worked out on UMS not grades - i.e. it doesn't matter if you got an A, it matters what kind of A.

Let's say you get 2 bang-through-the-middle As, and you get given 85 UMS for each paper. Then your ISA gets you a middle B (based on last year's grade boundaries) whichis 75. If the boundary for a C is 22 then you get 60 for this exam.

85 + 85 + 75 + 60 = 305, which is a B grade (need 280 for a B, 320 for an A, 360 for an A*)

Damn I need As if I want a B. :eek:
Original post by haarithiop
yeah i did lol, i'm good at maths - just can't read

You probably get one mark then . :smile:
Original post by Fletch7878
A synapse is a microscopic gap that connects two neurones that passes on nervous impulses

I probably would get at least one mark though
Original post by Ashleybendal
What would you say a B grade would be?

High twenties probably..lets say 27
Did anybody put for scatter graph question that it was because the data was continuous?
guys what would an A be? I got roughly between a 37 and 38 it might be higher or lower depending on the accuracy of the unofficial mark scheme
Original post by AperfectBalance
For the one about GM I think you would have to put about how enzymes are used to join it back together.

one mention of enzymes - for cutting out or putting in should be enough, only 3 marks

1 mark for ) cut out gene
2nd mark for) using enzymes
3rd mark for) put in chromosome of other organism
Original post by JakeAntonyBrown
:biggrin:

Just going to bed. Bye... :frown: :s-smilie:
Not rlly feeling it so yh bye.
here ok im really worried i dont really remember a question about rats so can someone explain the question?
Original post by Lucia27
Did anybody put for scatter graph question that it was because the data was continuous?

I put that but I think it's wrong :frown:

I'm estimating 50-52 out of 60 cause I did some of the most retarded mistakes :/
what did you write for the Independent company drug question
i wrote a company not affiliated or associated with other or the drug company
It was out of 1 or 2. How many would I get

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending