The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Xenon_
Damn I need As if I want a B. :eek:

Nah you don't. 305 is 25 points higher than you need to get a B.
If you want a B you need 280 UMS. So if you've already got your 75 in your coursework and a 60 C today you need to find another 145 points somewhere. Two low Bs would do it by the skin of your teeth. Or even a high C (69) and a medium B (76).
Why has no one put Invertebrates and it detects water pollution!!!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rwilson783
here ok im really worried i dont really remember a question about rats so can someone explain the question?

They were testing a new drug on rats to see if they stop feeling pleasure from alcohol or nicotine.
Original post by Lucia27
Did anybody put for scatter graph question that it was because the data was continuous?

i put because it wasn't continuous, none of the data changed
here ok im really worried i dont really remember a question about rats so can someone explain the question?

The question wasn't about rats. It was part of the alcohol one. Scientists make a drug to treat alcoholism / addiction. They test it on drunk rats first (efficacy). They didn't ask you about the animals at all so if you skim read it you might have missed it.
Original post by SunnyBoys
They were testing a new drug on rats to see if they stop feeling pleasure from alcohol or nicotine.

oh ok i remember the alcohol and nicotine, ok thank you so much haha you're a lifesaver
Original post by Cirsium
Nah you don't. 305 is 25 points higher than you need to get a B.
If you want a B you need 280 UMS. So if you've already got your 75 in your coursework and a 60 C today you need to find another 145 points somewhere. Two low Bs would do it by the skin of your teeth. Or even a high C (69) and a medium B (76).

They asked for an animal and I put fresh water invertebrates (had no clue you had to specify?) as it says in the AQA text book, would this be wrong?
oh ok i remember the alcohol and nicotine, ok thank you so much haha you're a lifesaver

no problem :smile:
Original post by Himani Vadhia
Why has no one put Invertebrates and it detects water pollution!!!!!!!!!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Lots of people have! Fear not! It's the right answer
1 down more to go
I put that but I think it's wrong :frown:

I'm estimating 50-52 out of 60 cause I did some of the most retarded mistakes :/

sums me up completely
They asked for an animal and I put fresh water invertebrates (had no clue you had to specify?) as it says in the AQA text book, would this be wrong?

That's right, and you don't have to specify. Just lots of people did because they learned them. Invertebrates is fine.
Original post by lilyflowerxoxo
What did people get for the question about all boys drinking and why was the hypothesis not valid??
i said they only tested 15 year olds so other ages may not drink alcohol
Original post by Cirsium
That's right, and you don't have to specify. Just lots of people did because they learned them. Invertebrates is fine.

I wrote lichens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nik123Efimov
People keep looking fo answers when I offered to send an unofficial mark scheme (about 30 pages ago)

👆👆image.jpg
Original post by Cirsium
Lots of people have! Fear not! It's the right answer

This hasn't got much to do with this exam but why is a response from the brain quicker than the response through the spine. I automatically placed spine as the fastest response as when you have a reflex, it does not go to the brain but through the spine with the relay neurone (I know I was wrong but just want to understand why)
Reply 1276
Original post by Ollie1999
Also controlled by the brain I think? I played it safe and put skin so touch

Would back be okay?
Original post by Nik123Efimov
👆👆image.jpg

hmm, PM it please
counting all of my marks i think i got 20 which isnt bad seeing as last year that was a C
Original post by shrey_15
i said they only tested 15 year olds so other ages may not drink alcohol

you can also put that there was not 100% boys for any one of them and multiple of them could have the same boy drinking them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending