The Student Room Group

Answer for the B1 snail question?

In the answer had the stripes swapped from the darker coloured snail to the lighter coloured snail? Or were the snails the same as the images given?
i'm pretty sure they were the same
Well I got darker snails with a higher percentage of stripes lived in the woodland and then put about camoflauge and how it meant they could sneak up on prey and hide from predators.
I think, I don't remember the graph exactly.
These responses aren't good for me
Original post by HamzahPatel
These responses aren't good for me

I think i put grassland snails has less or no stripes and were lighter in colour whereas the woodland snails had more stripes and were darker in colour
Original post by retro_turtles
I think i put grassland snails has less or no stripes and were lighter in colour whereas the woodland snails had more stripes and were darker in colour

Lol no the responses here are adequate. It's just that I think my answer is incorrect.
Original post by HamzahPatel
Lol no the responses here are adequate. It's just that I think my answer is incorrect.

Fair enough and i'm sure you're just overthinking it. Lets hope the mark scheme is more lenient.
Reply 7
The graph had "percentage non striped" on one of its axes rather than "percentage striped". That might explain it.
Reply 8
This question was messed up. The pictures had a dark snail with stripes and a light snail with no stripes. However, on Figure 7 it had a scatter graph telling you the opposite. I put dark snail no stripes, light snail stripes because the x axis was % of no stripes at the bottom and % of light colour on the y axis and the dark ones clumped up in the bottom right where as the light ones clumped up top left
Original post by ansonslp
This question was messed up. The pictures had a dark snail with stripes and a light snail with no stripes. However, on Figure 7 it had a scatter graph telling you the opposite. I put dark snail no stripes, light snail stripes because the x axis was % of no stripes at the bottom and % of light colour on the y axis and the dark ones clumped up in the bottom right where as the light ones clumped up top left

Phew yeah that's exactly what I did. Just wanted to confirm that I did actually read off that graph correctly

Quick Reply

Latest