The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

i tweeted youmy twitter is @elleturbill
Original post by Nik123Efimov
👆👆
I got 67% aha
Original post by lilyflowerxoxo
For the sense organ one would eyes be okay?

No because eyes are involved with the brain, skin was the correct answer
Original post by shrey_15
i said they only tested 15 year olds so other ages may not drink alcohol

Would this get a mark? I put this also. It makes sense I guess?
Original post by MCArth
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it said organism, and that does seem more like AQAs style to say organism, however it may have been animal, but I doubt it.

It was 100% animal
Why is there calcium mentioned in the 6 marker? I though the questions said not to talk about vitamins/mineral but other groups?
Original post by Andy-22
I said because girls drank more wine, alcopops and spirits

I said that only 100 boys were looked at, so it wasn't a representative sample of all boys, i don't think you were supposed to mention girls
Original post by haarithiop
chromosomes made of dna, same thing

No I mean the mark would be for saying they are inserted when the organism is an embryo
These results are retarded,
-you forgot to x by 100 for the percentage.
- the skin is not a receptor it is a sense organ so the heat receptors in the skin is the right answer
- 7) only 200 people were tested
Feeling good that in with OCR 21st century
Original post by shohaib712
Why is there calcium mentioned in the 6 marker? I though the questions said not to talk about vitamins/mineral but other groups?

you shouldn't have mention calcium, it said not to mention mineral ions.
Therefore the last 6 groups are:
vitaments
carbohydrates
fats
protein
water
fibre

These + explanations for each will get you 6 marks on how they contribute to a health body.
Reply 1311
You where right about the horse. Mutation over time due to changing surrounding. Eohipus had many toes for large surface area for the soft mud and over time as the land a darted mutations meant that the ones with less toes could out run predators faster and therefore survived.
Would i get a mark if i said water is needed to provide a suitable environment for the chemical reactions to occur in the body?
:frown:

https://youtu.be/4Z0yUKrIllg

not sure why idiots are being mean to this lady she is really kind...
Original post by shohaib712
Would i get a mark if i said water is needed to provide a suitable environment for the chemical reactions to occur in the body?

Yes I think :smile:
Number 2. Why they couldn't stop drinking. I put because they develop an addiction. Will I not get the mark for that?
What can I expect to get from 44/60 (being very harshly marked)?
Will the grade boundaries almost certainly be lower than that of previous years because of the shitstorm that this one has caused? Positively marked it would be more like high forties but I suppose it's the luck of the draw concerning who marks your paper.
This has totally put me on edge, as all of my exams are AQA, bar maths. What a nice way to start off our GCSE's 🙄🙄😩
Original post by SunnyBoys
you shouldn't have mention calcium, it said not to mention mineral ions.
Therefore the last 6 groups are:
vitaments
carbohydrates
fats
protein
water
fibre

These + explanations for each will get you 6 marks on how they contribute to a health body.

It said not to mention both vitamins and mineral ions so you could only mention 5 groups + explanations to get full marks
Original post by Haashym
The indicator species answer was lichens and the environmental factor was air pollution

GM Mosquito - enzymes used to take out gene (first mark) the gene is transferred to the mosquito (second mark) at an early stage of development (third mark)

Scatter graph used to show the negative correlation

I think you get the mark for saying you transfer the gene into a mosquito chromosome, rather than just put into the mosquito.
Reply 1319
Original post by ammara-123
The percentage of people that died from malaria??

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was 0.66%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending