The Student Room Group

Psychology OCR G541 resit 16th May 2016 (A2)

Hello, I was just wondering how everyone else thought the OCR G541 exam went yesterday? And what everyone else got for their answers.
Reply 1
Hey, I did the psychology G541 paper yesterday and I thought it was okay, we kind of predicted the 10 marker to be reliability and validity though which still surprised me when I turned the page and saw the question xD just to make sure, was the first question about shapes called 'ziki' and 'soso', so I know it's the same paper haha

Original post by TaliaCK16
Hello, I was just wondering how everyone else thought the OCR G541 exam went yesterday? And what everyone else got for their answers.
Reply 2
Yeah it was the ziki and so so which was a bit of ridiculous self report. But the questions seemed okay. How did you find the experiments section?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
We thought it was too, they've ran out of ideas haha and the one with nursery rhymes? I thought the questions for it was okay too, it was the correlations part that really put me off
Hey guys!

I think it *generally* went well! What points did everyone put for the reliability and validity question at the end?

And for the first question in the experiments section (section B I think?) what did people put for the experimental design?
Reply 5
Hey,

I put Independent measures for the design & our teacher agrees with that, then i put high reliability and low internal & ecological validity i think! Overall thought the exam was quite nice!
Reply 6
Yeah they have! Yes the one with nursery rhymes. What design did you put? I thought it was horrid how they put what design is it? And then asked for strength and weaknesses of the method which was lab. I didn't read it just thinking it was strengths and weaknesses of the design. I didn't think the correlation bit was too bad. Which questions did you struggle with?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Did you all answer the question after what design with strengths and weaknesses of lab experiments. And for the 10 marker I put high in reliability low ecological validity and low internal validity. I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AC397
Hey,

I put Independent measures for the design & our teacher agrees with that, then i put high reliability and low internal & ecological validity i think! Overall thought the exam was quite nice!

phew - that's relieving! I changed my answer literally in the last 5 seconds from Repeated measures to Independent groups!
Yeah they have! Yes the one with nursery rhymes. What design did you put? I thought it was horrid how they put what design is it? And then asked for strength and weaknesses of the method which was lab. I didn't read it just thinking it was strengths and weaknesses of the design. I didn't think the correlation bit was too bad. Which questions did you struggle with?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The question asking about the experimental design was absolutely awful. Everyone I have spoken to agrees - OCR are the devil.
Reply 10
So did you write about strengths and weaknesses of a lab experiment? For the 6 marker after the design. I know I think OCR are horrid. I thought that the experiment section was just awful. It really annoyed me because that exam is actually such an easy exam with the content etc but OCR just like to be evil and make the scenarios ridiculous. I thought the difference between men and women was part of the analysis because it was like put on the end so I just presumed. Ah well. How are you all feeling about G543 or G544?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I know right!! I put independent measures and then crossed it out and put repeated measures, bad move! They were so deceiving and all of the scenarios were very vague and confusing :frown:
Reply 12
So did you write about strengths and weaknesses of a lab experiment? For the 6 marker after the design. I know I think OCR are horrid. I thought that the experiment section was just awful. It really annoyed me because that exam is actually such an easy exam with the content etc but OCR just like to be evil and make the scenarios ridiculous. I thought the difference between men and women was part of the analysis because it was like put on the end so I just presumed. Ah well. How are you all feeling about G543 or G544?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! It never mentioned anything about them being split into different groups so how are we supposed to know whether its independent or repeated! it was so confusing! and because of that I messed up the IV and DV too, ugh!
Original post by lnh_
Me too! It never mentioned anything about them being split into different groups so how are we supposed to know whether its independent or repeated! it was so confusing! and because of that I messed up the IV and DV too, ugh!

I reckon there will be some leeway with the mark scheme (or at least I hope!). Honestly it was such an awful question.
Original post by lnh_

The bit at the end of the paragraph said it was comparing the performance of men and women (or something along those lines). So I figured it was independent groups and put the gender as the IV, with true/false questions answered correctly (I think that was the question) as the DV.

Just out of interest, which shape would everybody have named ziki and soso?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending