The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cirsium
I think it's one mark for one fewer synapse to cross (because the chemical bit is much slower than the electrical bit) and one mark for the fact that the neurons are much shorter (12cm in brain vs 80cm in spinal cord)

Sadly not an animal

I don't think you need to mention distance because the question is about speed
Original post by Masturbator123
Number 2. Why they couldn't stop drinking. I put because they develop an addiction. Will I not get the mark for that?

I wrote the same and talked about withdrawal symptoms and all that BS lol
Original post by SunnyBoys
Yes I think :smile:

Thank god
Original post by Mattvo15
No, it said name a species, then its environmental impact. In which case, its ok

im 100% certain it asked for animal
Reply 1324
Itnwas o.6 recurring 2x10-6 divided by 3x10-8 x 100 equals 0.6
What the hell does alcohol has to do with Biology? That's like Unit 3 Chemistry not Unit 1 Biology! I bet AQA were drunk while writing this exam, hence the alcohol questions...:s-smilie:
Original post by lilyflowerxoxo
What did people get for the question about all boys drinking and why was the hypothesis not valid??

wasnt valid because there were only 88% of boys drinking out of 100
I put that birds fly south when it's cold???
Reply 1328
What was the actual 6 mark question? I know the answer just want to know the question as close to the wording as possible?
Original post by habeeb_00
I got 0.666 whoops for the malaria one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too, because it was 2,000,000 / 300,000,000 which was 0.0066666 x 100 which was 0.66%
Reply 1330
Original post by shohaib712
It said not to mention both vitamins and mineral ions so you could only mention 5 groups + explanations to get full marks

Yuonly need to metion 3 and devop them to get the full marks
Reply 1331
Original post by Thanatos0239
What the hell does alcohol has to do with Biology? That's like Unit 3 Chemistry not Unit 1 Biology! I bet AQA were drunk while writing this exam, hence the alcohol questions...:s-smilie:

A whole part of the topic was on legal and illegal drugs. Its in the text book
what was the answer for the line graph question? - i wrote that it was continous data (but apparently it was actually discrete data/ that there was no correlation)
Original post by habeeb_00
I got 0.666 whoops for the malaria one

Posted from TSR Mobile

im pretty sure its 0.666... The question was something like:

3X10^8 people contracted malaria and 2x10^6 people died from it. Hence the working out would be:

(2X10^6/3X10^8)X100 which gave me 0.6 recurring. (0.666%)
So would I get a mark for discrete data???
Original post by shohaib712
what was the answer for the line graph question? - i wrote that it was continous data (but apparently it was actually discrete data/ that there was no correlation)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SidneyGumbo

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said there were many different snail types and it was discrete data
Im a business studies student and even I didnt know what an independant company was!
Original post by SidneyGumbo

Posted from TSR Mobile

IDK
Apparently there was a question near the start about rats?? I don't remember any question like that only the indep business and the diet one, can anyone tell me what the one about the rats was?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest