The Student Room Group

Can middle aged women be attractive, or are they biologically not meant to be?

If women are seen as unattractive when they start to lose fertility (since biologically attractiveness is based on fertility cues) is there any point in trying to look attractive past say 35? Can middle aged women still be attractive and how so if they have lost these fertility cues? Btw im not trying to offend anyone just looking at it from a biological view.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
If women are seen as unattractive when they start to lose fertility (since biologically attractiveness is based on fertility cues) is there any point in trying to look attractive past say 35? Can middle aged women still be attractive and how so if they have lost these fertility cues? Btw im not trying to offend anyone just looking at it from a biological view.

Well I'm 18 and I'm infertile. Does that make me automatically hideous? I hope not.
Reply 2
Original post by Platopus
Well I'm 18 and I'm infertile. Does that make me automatically hideous? I hope not.

No it doesnt because think about it you will still have the cues, youthful looks etc :tongue:
Beyonce, J-lo, Shakira, Kylie Minogue, Salma Hayek.... They are hotter than 99% of women aged 18-25 in my opinion. Never give up :h:
Reply 4
Beyonce, J-lo, Shakira, Kylie Minogue, Salma Hayek.... They are hotter than 99% of women aged 18-25 in my opinion. Never give up :h:

Kylie minogue is still hot? I dont really hear her mentioned anymore
I mean there's a whole category for them: MILF

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah yeah. Regardless of Kylie you know what I'm saying though OP.
Reply 7
Original post by Princepieman
I mean there's a whole category for them: MILF

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea but the fact that they are called milfs means they have been put in a different class to young women. Like theres no catagory for older men theres just men lol.

I can't get her outta ma head
Yea but the fact that they are called milfs means they have been put in a different class to young women. Like theres no catagory for older men theres just men lol.

Oh but there is a category for older men! :colone:

Sure there is. DILFs and silver foxes :tongue:
LOL! I guess when females get old, they're supposed to be ugly when they're no longer capable of popping babies out? You do realize there are multiple factors that influence attractiveness right? Oh yeah, older women take care of themselves.

So I guess the first thing that pops in your mind when you see a hot chick is, can she produce babies or what?
Yeah, older women can be still attractive. They cannot make babies anymore but they still have female assets.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes.
You sound like an alien with terms like "biologically attractive" and "fertility cues". No wonder guys on TSR have issues courting girls IRL when they treat women like grocery items with an expiry date.
Reply 14
There's so many women over 35 that are still attractive in the general stereotypical sense. I mean hell, Jessica Alba is 35.

Or it could just be that they're attractive older women? Being put in a different category doesn't necessarily mean they're an after thought. You can look up the data about how 'MILF' is one of the most searched for terms on the internet..
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Oh but there is a category for older men! :colone:
But it's variable innit. To me, "older woman" in this kind of context has always meant women in their 40s and older. And yet I've heard people talking about men my age being "older" - and I'm only twenty-six. That said, I mostly heard that kind of thing at school...

To the original question, I'd say that yes, middle-aged women can be attractive. Some can be incredibly so - it's not just in the physical features, but the confidence and the general bearing.
Original post by + polarity -

fcukboi website. LOL

Black does crack and when it cracks it does so tragically.
Original post by Tootles
But it's variable innit. To me, "older woman" in this kind of context has always meant women in their 40s and older. And yet I've heard people talking about men my age being "older" - and I'm only twenty-six. That said, I mostly heard that kind of thing at school...

To the original question, I'd say that yes, middle-aged women can be attractive. Some can be incredibly so - it's not just in the physical features, but the confidence and the general bearing.

What this user said:

Sure there is. DILFs and silver foxes

Who even says 26 year olds are 'older men' though, got to be at least 40! :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending