The Student Room Group

Do you believe in black magic?

I don't believe in it. But there is this guy in my Japanese class who I sit next to for most of my lessons. Whenever we have an idle chat, he mentions something related to black magic! This one time he told me that there are curses he knows and has used on some of his classmates.

I ignored this for a while believing that he must be making a fool out of me and that he is nothing more than a normal guy who is probably trying to prank me. One day, my friend claimed that he heard him practicing his laugh in the toilet and that he was speaking weird stuff in a trance like manner while staring at the mirror. Also, I can't count the number of times he has muttered "May a thousand curses befall upon you" under his breath to our teacher for simply picking on him to answer a question.

I don't want to judge him based upon these things. I have never seen his curses at our teacher actually ever work, but I am seriously scared of him. When I speak to him, he stares really eerily back at me and this scares me even more. I do want to be friends with him because he does genuinely help people out, and I do believe he is a nice guy, but his odd behavior is a little worrying.

Please post your opinion on what you would do in this situation. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Mizuz
I don't believe in it. But there is this guy in my Japanese class who I sit next to for most of my lessons. Whenever we have an idle chat, he mentions something related to black magic! This one time he told me that there are curses he knows and has used on some of his classmates.

I ignored this for a while believing that he must be making a fool out of me and that he is nothing more than a normal guy who is probably trying to prank me. One day, my friend claimed that he heard him practicing his laugh in the toilet and that he was speaking weird stuff in a trance like manner while staring at the mirror. Also, I can't count the number of times he has muttered "May a thousand curses befall upon you" under his breath to our teacher for simply picking on him to answer a question.

I don't want to judge him based upon these things. I have never seen his curses at our teacher actually ever work, but I am seriously scared of him. When I speak to him, he stares really eerily back at me and this scares me even more. I do want to be friends with him because he does genuinely help people out, and I do believe he is a nice guy, but his odd behavior is a little worrying.

Japanese black magic?
Karate more likely.
:biggrin:
This guy sounds like a wacko and I would avoid him.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by M14B
Japanese black magic?
Karate more likely.
:biggrin:

To be honest, anything is better than black magic at the moment. :redface:
Only @molvi ji's Kala Jadu
Reply 6
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
This guy sounds like a wacko and I would avoid him.

Spoiler

Yes, I agree! I still feel like he is making a fool out of everyone! But I still can't ignore the fact that he is a nice guy and no one is friends with him. That's the whole reason I approached him because he never approached anybody. :ashamed2:
Reply 7
Reply 8
Original post by Mizuz

I believe in black magic, my religion (ISlam) talks about it and how we should save ourselves from those that conduct it. However, what your friend is saying is creepy, normally from what i believe, those that know specific curses and black magic spells e.t.c are not of good people and you should keep a distance. But this is just my opinion.
Reply 9
Original post by Mizuz

It appears we meet again ahaa.

Wow that's creepy as hell. Perhaps his "curses" are just a part of his quirky personality? I wouldn't think too badly of him for it, but I have to admit it does sound kinda weird. Perhaps ask him to teach you some curses? I dunno :tongue:

Also, when you said he practises his laugh I just imagined someone stood in a cubicle like "Hahahahaha! No, not evil enough. Mwahahahahaha".

But yeah, that curse thing reminds me of what my Mum once told me. She said she had an aunt who used to practice voodoo and that once a man cheated on her so she managed to scavenge one of his hairs and used a voodoo doll to cause him to suffocate.

I ain't messing with her even if it is bs.
Can it help me get an A tomorrow?
Original post by Mizuz
Oh my god! This is horrific!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Its vile! And its a shame there are ppl who believe it and forms part of their 'culture'
Reply 12
Original post by Yas_S
I believe in black magic, my religion (ISlam) talks about it and how we should save ourselves from those that conduct it. However, what your friend is saying is creepy, normally from what i believe, those that know specific curses and black magic spells e.t.c are not of good people and you should keep a distance. But this is just my opinion.

Thank you so much for giving me your point of view. I am not particularly religious, but I definitely agree that anything done to harm others is wrong. I am not gonna lie, I don't exactly know how to create a distance between us (More like, I am extremely scared). He has my number and we talk on the phone at least twice a week to discuss homework + the black magic stuff he just has to mention!!
No but I believe in African American magic, you oppressor. It's 2016.
Reply 14
Original post by Mizuz
Thank you so much for giving me your point of view. I am not particularly religious, but I definitely agree that anything done to harm others is wrong. I am not gonna lie, I don't exactly know how to create a distance between us (More like, I am extremely scared). He has my number and we talk on the phone at least twice a week to discuss homework + the black magic stuff he just has to mention!!

I mean you could try telling him that you don't appreciate him talking about matters regarding 'black magic' in general. Also slowly start to ignore calls or block his number. Try getting closer to another classmate, start to discuss homework and call them. This way hopefully he will be aware that you don't want anything to do with him. For me personally, i would straight up be frank and tell him i don't want to be acquaintances with him anymore , but then again i don't know your situation inside out.
Hope whatever decision you decide to make goes well :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Mizuz

I think he watches too much anime
Reply 16
Original post by markreed
It appears we meet again ahaa.

Wow that's creepy as hell. Perhaps his "curses" are just a part of his quirky personality? I wouldn't think too badly of him for it, but I have to admit it does sound kinda weird. Perhaps ask him to teach you some curses? I dunno :tongue:

Also, when you said he practises his laugh I just imagined someone stood in a cubicle like "Hahahahaha! No, not evil enough. Mwahahahahaha".

But yeah, that curse thing reminds me of what my Mum once told me. She said she had an aunt who used to practice voodoo and that once a man cheated on her so she managed to scavenge one of his hairs and used a voodoo doll to cause him to suffocate.

I ain't messing with her even if it is bs.

Hello, once again! :smile:

I have never actually heard him say a curse in a foreign black magic language (if there is one!). All he says is "A thousand curses on you and you and you" and sometimes he just goes on and on... :unsure:

I really don't need to ask him, since he offers me at least twice in our conversations that if I ever need to "get rid of someone", I should just let him know his/her name and his/her mother's name. Freaky.

His laugh is actually really creepy. Whenever he laughs, it sounds something like "kukukukuku", I am sorry I can't describe it better, but let's just say you feel goosebumps.

Omg, this just scared me even more. I am cutting my hair short! Thank you so much! :smile: :afraid:
Reply 17
Original post by Ciel.
I think he watches too much anime

Light Yagami!! :biggrin: I love this anime, and this comment made my day. :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Mizuz
Light Yagami!! :biggrin: I love this anime, and this comment made my day. :smile:

Yes <3

Spoiler

Original post by Mizuz
Hello, once again! :smile:

I have never actually heard him say a curse in a foreign black magic language (if there is one!). All he says is "A thousand curses on you and you and you" and sometimes he just goes on and on... :unsure:

I really don't need to ask him, since he offers me at least twice in our conversations that if I ever need to "get rid of someone", I should just let him know his/her name and his/her mother's name. Freaky.

His laugh is actually really creepy. Whenever he laughs, it sounds something like "kukukukuku", I am sorry I can't describe it better, but let's just say you feel goosebumps.

Omg, this just scared me even more. I am cutting my hair short! Thank you so much! :smile: :afraid:

Its real. I was present during an exorcism...

Latest

Trending

Trending